$1,995.00 for 7 year Ext. Warranty?

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thing is, I know it is still a good thing to get....I guess it just bugs me because it is always pushed from the sales guys when you buy a new car.

In any case, Achilles99: New shocks? I never thought that something like that would have been covered.

Andrew

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dear FE+ACR,

Hope this makes your day, but the Chrysler Extended Contract goes from date of purchase ,not date of manufacture,so you have 7 total years from the time you bought this contract. See, don't you feel better.

Out of State purchases sometimes will save you tax, as many States charge tax on the contracts if bought within the State the customer resides.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
1-800-889-1893

whip383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok guys, i need to purchase one too. here in CA its not taxable, good thing. from what i can figure out, and from chrysler's website, it's from the inservice date.

"When Purchased: More than 24 months and less than 36 months after the vehicle's in-service date* and 12,001 - 24,000 Miles .

Special Drive: Front or Rear Wheel Drive Only.

Vehicle: Viper.

You would like to purchase a 7 year, 100,000 mile plan.*
* A new Service Contract starts at the warranty in-service date of the vehicle. The in-service date is when the vehicle is placed in service and the warranty starts."

so if it's a 6/75, it's and extra 3 yrs and mileage. anyways. here's what i think the cost is, or close to it after doing tons of research. The 6/75 max care has to be close to 1900 or 2000 for the cost of it. I think the 7/100 max is going to be close to 3000, cost. hope that helps . now im not 100%, sure dont quote me on it, just what i think the cost(s) is/are.

chan

FE+ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It should be 7 years from the original date of sale.

You're right, date of sale, not manufacture date....my booboo :laugh:
My sales date is 07.03.2002 so the original warranty is through 07.03.2005, and the extended takes it to 07.03.2009.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear FE+ACR,

Hope this makes your day, but the Chrysler Extended Contract goes from date of purchase ,not date of manufacture,so you have 7 total years from the time you bought this contract. See, don't you feel better.

Out of State purchases sometimes will save you tax, as many States charge tax on the contracts if bought within the State the customer resides.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
1-800-889-1893

I bought mine from Bill and he easily beat the $2,000 price qouted earlier.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine for around $1500 from Mike at Ringgold. It depends on how long you wait... for every year that passes beyond the sale date, I believe it's an extra $100. I bought mine late in the game, and still paid a low price.

Mike will definitely treat you right... I'm sure that Tator or Pemberton will, too. Go with whoever is closest to you, and support your local VCA dealer. In my case, 1Tony1 said he wouldn't be my friend unless I bought from Ringgold.

Andrew - I never thought shocks would be replaced under warranty, either! However, JD (best Viper tech in Atlanta area) ran it through the computer, and it was. He saw that they were leaking, and went ahead and covered it. And to think... I wasn't even coming in for that reason. JD gave my car a quick once over to make sure nothing was wrong... talk about service!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but the Chrysler Extended Contract goes from date of purchase

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
1-800-889-1893

Just to clarify, I believe this is from the date of original purchase of the car, i.e., the in-service date, not the date of the purchase of the extended contract.

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you think it would be possible to get an extended warranty on my '95 with 29,000 miles through Chuck Tator? if so, would that mean I could take it to any Dodge dealer and it would be covered? Seems to me like it would be money WELL spent. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NatRT10, About a year ago Tator said I had until the fall of 2005 to get another warranty on the 96. Based on that you should have time to get another warranty. But things may have just changed due to the discussions I have seen recently. So Tator would be the man to let you know if it is possible or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtoce1