#1 For sale!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now thats a rip off since every car is going to be limited production soon anyways. I bet I want to pay a 20k+ premium for the black stripe through the middle.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is really sad. I much prefer the attitude of Chris Marshall who has #50/50 Which will probably prove to be more valuable in the long run as it is the "last one" and Chris is DRIVING that one and sharing the experience here with his photograpy. I'm curious as to whether this is the original buyer or someone he flipped the car to, I think the latter. If the original buyer flipped the car to this guy and the buy it now is set where it is I'm baffled as to why he let it go. Not really making much money. This is a car I would much rather hold for 5 years or so. It's like selling a stock before it appreciates.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For 94K you figure the seller would fix the rim or replace it.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is really sad. I much prefer the attitude of Chris Marshall who has #50/50 Which will probably prove to be more valuable in the long run as it is the "last one" and Chris is DRIVING that one and sharing the experience here with his photograpy. I'm curious as to whether this is the original buyer or someone he flipped the car to, I think the latter. If the original buyer flipped the car to this guy and the buy it now is set where it is I'm baffled as to why he let it go. Not really making much money. This is a car I would much rather hold for 5 years or so. It's like selling a stock before it appreciates.

Oh, the irony!! I know that car very well and know the seller even better. The car belongs to a local Kansas City VCA member, as does the other Viper listed on there ('93 RT/10). Even the boat belongs to yet another KC VCA member (and it is way cool). I am happy to address the comments thus far:

dhady - That black stripe is very nice indeed! Have one myself and really enjoy it. Gives me something to use for aiming. :D And be careful about the "$20K premium", as I heard that some guy recently bought a 2004 SRT-10 for $142K Canadian, or roughly $117,000 US. That black stripe ain't so bad after all... :2tu:

Bob & Frank - It really did get delivered that way with the scraped rim. The dealer (Roanoke) ordered a new rim, which is on national back order. Why? Because SRT apparently only made 200 rims for those 50 cars - no spares. So they literally have to have one made to fill that order. He has the letter from the dealership stating exactly that. He really can't do anything else unless he wants to pick up the tab - and who knows if anybody can do anything with that "smoke" finish. I would hate to have to roll those dice.

Lee - Many thanks for the thoughts, but I hold no illusions for my car as I do actually drive the thing. I hope it holds its value to some degree, but know that there isn't a chance for profit. And never expected there would be - especially as a driver. As to the owner of the car in question, he is indeed the original buyer and actually had plans to track that car very heavily. Even had Autoform contracted for a roll bar and other goodies at VOI. The number he got changed his mind. He already has a yellow/black ACR and is HEAVY into early muscle cars. He wants to get a couple more Boss 429's and just doesn't see that this car is a good fit for him right now. His reserve is below the MSRP, which I think is pretty darn reasonable given what it is.

Now about that boat... ;)

harley56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this car and spoke to the owner at the recently held RussoandSteele auction in Scottsdale, AZ. Their site shows it as selling for approx $96K, which should include all commissions. Did that sale fall through? He too told me he had originally planned to track the car.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dhady - That black stripe is very nice indeed! Have one myself and really enjoy it. Gives me something to use for aiming. :D And be careful about the "$20K premium", as I heard that some guy recently bought a 2004 SRT-10 for $142K Canadian, or roughly $117,000 US. That black stripe ain't so bad after all... :2tu:

True true...but then again the candadian dollar is really appreciating thats why it seems like such a bad deal....if it wasn't my $142k would have been a great deal! (I just didn't want to go through the hassle if importing.) I do love your yellow vca though I was just saying thats a bs markup on a color thats available anyways.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No sweat - the markup is actually $4700 right from the factory. And it IS worth a premium over a regular SRT, just like the Mamba is worth more as well. The question is simply how much. Otherwise he is asking LESS than sticker...

And yep, the buyer in Scottsdale did not go through. He is going to track either his ACR or buy a new coupe. He is 6'8" and wants to make sure he can fit first!

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Interesting my VCA Vin, is 50037 & my VCA # is 47.I know the Vins arent in order but for a run of 50 cars you would think so. Do we really know for sure if #1 really was the first off the line.No matter to me i am at 3354 miles & lovin it. :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :2tu: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :usa: :2tu:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No sweat - the markup is actually $4700 right from the factory. And it IS worth a premium over a regular SRT, just like the Mamba is worth more as well. The question is simply how much. Otherwise he is asking LESS than sticker...

And yep, the buyer in Scottsdale did not go through. He is going to track either his ACR or buy a new coupe. He is 6'8" and wants to make sure he can fit first!

Whats the actual sticker price on these things. I like what you have done on the side of yours with the black area!

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price doesn't seem far off. Not like it's being offered for $25K over sticker. Nice car :2tu:

-lou

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the actual sticker price on these things. I like what you have done on the side of yours with the black area!

Thanks! The black fade is actually a decal and it really sets the car off. Removable too. I get more comments on it than anything else - although that carbon fiber boot is sure getting a lot of attention these days!

As far as the sticker price, I believe the VCA SRT-10 carried the highest MSRP of any production Viper in history (and GoldenVenom, yes we know your raffle car was $110K... ;) ) Here is the VCA SRT-10 sticker price:

You must be registered for see images

And the reserve is less than that.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris...if i ever need a PR person you are it, if i ever need a top notch sales person you are it.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me address the wheels..
At VOI, my #10 had a scratched left front wheel.
This was identified, and acknowledged by SRT folks.
That was September. I finally got my wheel replaced in March. WHY??? Because...SRT wants to insure the tire/wheel combo is perfect! The wheel goes to Michlin and they instal the tire, then ship the assembly to the user.
It just does not get any better an that!!!!
PBR
#10 of 50

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper