10th Anniversary 9-11 Run to Ground Zero Dedicated to PAPD Officer Lt. Robert Cirri

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"NEVER FORGET" These words meant something 10 years ago to all of us, but as time goes by we tend to forget!

VCA! I'm here to remind you that we CAN "NEVER FORGET" that tragic day we were attacked on American soil!

On September 10, 2011 I will be running the 10th Anniversary "Never Forget Respect Cruise" in honor of Port Authority Police Officer Lt. Robert Cirri Sr.

He lost his life that day running back into the building to save a woman in a wheel chair! His dream was to own a Viper one day, he and his wife Eillen had a "Viper Fund" piggy bank set up so one day they could own his dream car!

Unfortunately his dream never came true for him due to his HEROIC actions! His wife did buy a Viper in his name and is a VCA Member now. The plate on the car is "PAPD LT" Never Forget"

About The Run: First and foremost the Run is NOT about US! It is a way to pay OUR respect and thanks to those who lost their lives that day.

Cost: Minimum of a $25.00 Donation per car, all proceeds (after expenses ex decals) will go to a PAPD suggested charity

Date: September 10, 2011
Time: 8 AM
Start From: 20 Meadowlands Parkway, Secaucus, NJ 07094
Next Stop: 34th Street next to Jacob Javits Center 8:45 am
9AM: Drivers Meeting
9:15 Depart to Ground Zero
9:30 AM Park at Enclosed SELF park lot off West Street (2 blocks from Ground Zero)
9:30: Spend 1.5 hours walking around Ground Zero
11:00: Meet back at the Garage and depart for lunch in Hoboken, NJ via Holland Tunnel
12pm Arrive in Hoboken for Lunch at Dino and Harry's (pay as you go)

List of Hotels in Secaucus with covered parking, starting with the closest to the starting point:(no special rates, book early)

1) Meadowlands Plaza Hotel: 40 Wood lane, Secaucus, NJ 07094 PH# 201-272-1000

2) Crowne Plaza: 2 Harmon Plaza, Secaucus, NJ 07094, PH# 201-348-6900

3) Embassy Suites: 455 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094 PH# 201-864-7300

4) Hilton Garden Inn: 875 Route 3 East Service Road, Secaucus, NJ 07094 PH# 201-864-9845

Please RSVP To: [email protected] as I need to know how many decals to order and let the restaurant know a head count

I'm still working out some details, so stayed tuned and make your reservations today!
If you're coming to this event then you should also attend the NY/CT VCA First Responders Dinner(see Andrews C's post in NY/CT and in this area)

God Bless America!

Bobby Cerchione

You must be registered for see images attach

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 10th Anniversary 9-11 Run to Ground Zero Dedicated to PAPD Officer Lt. Robert Ci

Great event - we have two back to back events for some True Heros I cant wait to attend both

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 10th Anniversary 9-11 Run to Ground Zero Dedicated to PAPD Officer Lt. Robert Ci

So far we have 8 cars and 13 people coming from PA :usa:

V

Venomiss

Great work on this event to honor those who responded that day.
How many are attending?

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So far 9 cars and 15 people said they were coming from the PA/WV club:usa:...hoping for more

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK, Lets get this attendace going! This will be an extremely memorable event for those who attend!

I have a count of aprox 20 cars so far! Lets pump that number up North East! I have a great lunch planned at www.dinoandharrys.com in Hoboken, NJ with our own street set up with secure parking! Steak and Chicken Sandwhiches and for you real healthy people....Fish!

I ordered decals for 50 cars! lets get it done! Imagine 50 Vipers headed through the Lincoln Tunnel with a Police ******!

Again, I am trying to raise funds at this event as well, please feel free to contact me if you can't make the event but would like to donate, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Bobby

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We are all set for tomorrow's cruise to Ground Zero, the weather looks like it's going to be great during our cruise!

As a reminder, I am asking for a $25 donation per car to offset the cost of the 911 decal and make a donation to the family of fallen PAPD Officer
Cortazzo, the 38th officer who died due to the events of that traffic day.

Lunch is at Dino and Harrys Restaurant in Hoboken, NJ located at the corner of 14th street and Garden Street. Lunch will be your responsibility, they are preparing Steak Sandwiches, Chicken Sandwiches and Salmon.

I look forward to seeing you, and please note we have plenty of room if you have not responded yet. Feel free to just show up!

Have a great day!

Bobby

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bobby, sorry for the late notice, I'd like to join everyone tomorrow so I'll see you in Secaucus. Should I just bring a donation with me or is there a website/address that I send it to? Thanks

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I'm planning on it Bobby !

BE SAFE, and wear our Americn Legion pins with pride

Thank You for spearheading the Responder Run

Last edited:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Leaving in 20 minutes....see ya all there

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just got back from the 10th Anniversary 9-11 Respect Cruise, thanks to Bobby Cerchione for putting together a great day. I am still scratching my head trying to figure out how much pull you have to have to have them open one entire tunnel in the Lincoln Tunnel just for the Vipers:headbang:. If you haven't been to Ground Zero lately, they are making great progress with completing the memorial. Looking at the bronze plaque outside the fire house makes it difficult to hold back tears. After a tour around the area, we capped off the day at Dino and Harry's restaurant for lunch before heading home.
Once again, I cant say enough about the effort that Bobby and the New Jersey club made to make this a great day.:2tu:

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I want to thank everyone that attended yesterday's event! I hope today you can reflect back on our run and now put the pieces together from that horrible day here on American soil.

This year we didn't see distruction...we saw construction! Yet the memories, the pain and sorrow are still present.

Never Forget VCA!

Special thanks to the Port Authority PD for our ****** from NJ to Ground Zero.
Thank you to Secaucus PD as well in assisting PAPD with getting us out of town.
Thank you to VCA Member Eileen Cirri, Widow of PAPD Lt. Robert Cirri for donating all those wonderful 911 Never Forget Shirts!
We love you and will always have you and your family in our hearts and prayers!
Thank you to Dino of Dino and Harrys, a true friend of the VCA!
Thank you to the folks of PA/WV for the wonderful 911 pins and ribbons as well as making the trip!

So far we raised $1,260.00 dollars for the Family of the 38th Fallen PAPD officer Cortazzo, K9 unit.
Thank you to John Tober and NARRA for their generous donation, and NJ VCA Member Joe Aioa!

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to donate to this family, they can use our help, just like the people of 911 needed Officer Cortazzo's help!

God Bless America!

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just wanted to thank Bobby for planning this event. I was both honored and humbled to be a part of it--just an amazing experience. Hope to see you all at a future event soon.

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Heres some photos from last week, Enjoy

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And some more :)

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and more

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And more

Attachments

• 2011 VCA 911 Run 10  Years Later 049.jpg
    2011 VCA 911 Run 10 Years Later 049.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And more

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and More

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and more

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and more

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and more

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and More

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper