19/19 or 19/20? CCW 505A wheels

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to be purchasing the CCW 505A wheels soon for my 93 rt/10 and would like some suggestions as whether or not to go with the 19's or the 19/20 combo.

I guess pro's and cons of both?

I'm assuming I will get more traction with 19's but will 20's really look that much better? Thanks!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember reading that 20's up front will block the hood from going up unless you turn the wheel all the way to one side. Not a huge downside, I suppose, but I'd rather stick with the 19/20 setup.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Yikes! IMHO, I would only do a +1 and go with 18" and lower the car with Eibachs. The car was made with suspension geometry for 17" wheels and going larger than 18" is going to impact your performance and ride in a negative way. However, if you're going for the BIG wheel look as stated above you might as well do 20" on all 4...not that I would. Good luck with your setup and post some pics! :D

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hm couple reponses for the 20/20 all the way around I wasnt expecting that one.

I would love the way 20/20 looks, I belive that gary javo blue/white GTS had 20's all the way around and that looked great. Wonder if its been done on a rt/10.

So if i had 20's all the way around would I have rubbing issues? if lowered?

also this hood opening issue with 20's up front, is that only if lowered? or would lowering make it even worse.

I plan on lowering shorty after putting them on, and would like to know how much to lower as well.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i went with 19-19, gangsta look without looking like your pimping **'s.......be prepared to dust them alot to keep them looking good........

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw twenties on a stock height GenIII this past weekend. It looked like someone put their Escalade wheels on a Viper. In the end, it's what you like that matters.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes! IMHO, I would only do a +1 and go with 18" and lower the car with Eibachs. The car was made with suspension geometry for 17" wheels and going larger than 18" is going to impact your performance and ride in a negative way. However, if you're going for the BIG wheel look as stated above you might as well do 20" on all 4...not that I would. Good luck with your setup and post some pics! :D
You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. I say 18's all the way around, lowered with eibachs. That way IF you want you can still have the Bling and run Drag radial tires.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bad pic...19/20

8372kicks_007_Medium_1-med.jpg

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 19,s all the way around, the fronts dont have much sidwall.
10027DSC01709-med.JPG

The 19's look huge and have plenty of sidwall on the back, I think the 20,s with less sidwall and flex would make for a rough ride and less traction. Just my .02c :2tu:

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH and by the way if you go into my gallery you can look at a large picture of this car, it shows alot of detail.

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 19,s all the way around, the fronts dont have much sidwall.
10027DSC01709-med.JPG

The 19's look huge and have plenty of sidwall on the back, I think the 20,s with less sidwall and flex would make for a rough ride and less traction. Just my .02c :2tu:

nice ride, do you have it lowered? and how much.

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is not lowered at all.

looks pretty damn good for not lowered.

19's do look very good, and still give that larger look.

I am very confused as to what sizes to go with :(

My main concern is looks and driveability. I am not too concerned with traction because I don't really race it.

If 20's up front are going to cause rubbing issues in anyway I would probably not want to do it up front at least.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I went from 17's to 19's it stiffened up a little, but it still drives great and I dont think I lost any traction. On the back I have 345/30/19's so they are a little wider than the factory 17's and just a hair taller.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never understood the need to put huge SUV wheels on a Viper.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20/20s theres just no other way, im slamed to the ground and i dont have any issues with them rubbing at all.

But a couple of guys do have a few good points like them slowing you down, i guess its what your going to be doing with the car.......

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow nice GTS. If you hit a dip or bump in the road you dont rub??? that thing is LOW.

Ok I am still undecided.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Hoosier make a 19 or 20?

They make a 345/30/19 in the A6/R6 competition series, but I haven't heard of anyone trying it yet. It's a safe bet that either would be suicide in the rain, but I'd be interested to know how the autocross version hooked on the street.

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary's blue car had 19's all around, 355/25/19 rear, don't recall the front size.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
once you get a wheel with a lip & the spoke doesn't reach the edge of the wheel, but it reaches the edge of the lip, your eye makes the wheel look that distance smaller. could be 1" or 2" smaller looking to the eye

the 18" wheels with lip look like 17's.

20's with lip look like 19;s.

19's with lip look like 18's

the stock 18's without lip look just right, so imo. 19's with lip look perfect

but when you see anton's 20's in person. they don't look too big. they look just right for the large wheel wells of the viper.

weight & tire size is the other concern after you get the look you want.

for my car i would go 19;s all around just for less costly tires & a little less weight & imo they look almost as good as 20s on a viper

i never liked the staggered look on modern cars. open wheel cars & old school hot rods with exposed wheels is another story. that's only my opinion

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary's blue car had 19's all around, 355/25/19 rear, don't recall the front size.

Garys blue car has 20's all the way around, my friend owns it now. There are HRE 547's.