1992 vin #24 questions

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I just tracked down 1992 Rt/10 car # 24 in Bakersfield, CA. The owner of the company I work for owns it. He was told that it was produced for a Chrysler exec and he is the first titled owner. The car had 8k miles on it when he purchased it in 1995, now has 13k. I am trying to track down any info on the car that might be out there. I know we have a couple of folks that have worked at the Mack ave plant and worked on the original cars who are here on the forum, as well as folks like Jon B who may have some info. Any history on this car would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows anything, or can tell me where to track some info down, that would be great!

Thanks,

Nick

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Maurice Liang one of the three founders of the VCA.
The others were Steve Ferguson and Jay Herbert.

Pm'ed you some contact information. Good luck with your search.

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I will get in touch with Maurice to see if he may have any info on the car. The owner is pretty interested in any documentation that may exist, so I will try what I can to get some info for him.

-Nick

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that one of the first VCA people was a guy named Herb Pennick (????) or something like that, he was putting together a 1992 registry forum...he sent me a multi page questionnaire years ago for the info on mine....I am traveling right now and in several weeks I will be back at the home front to get his actual name and address...

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Past Ohio, Thanks for the info, I would really appreciate it.

Did you meet up with a couple of folks from the NE region a few years ago for the CAAP tour and the auto show in Detroit? I went out and remember meeting up with a guy from Ohio that had a 92, and I believe a 93 as well who sold a rear-end for a 92 to one of the guys I was out there with. Just wondering if it was you.

Nick

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, not me....maybe someone else in the meantime, knows who I am referring to that was doing a 1992 registry.....good luck....

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, try ' big-n-italian ' he was trying to keep the 1992 registry going search for his avatar or whatever you call it and "send a personal message" to him....good luck

silver1331

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread but if anyone has any updates on the 1992 Viper Registry it would be greatly appreciated.

I own 1992 Viper #12. According to the Snake Bite newsletter in Sept '92, Viper #18 was the first one sold to the public and part of a shipment of 6 vipers to California dealers. We know where #1 and #2 went orginally (Iacocca and Lutz). the Lutz car was sold to a member here not that long ago. The remaining cars (3-17) were used by Dodge for several years as test mules for engineering and also PR and marketing. If anyone else has a low number 92 (pre #18) please PM me! Thanks

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a guy in the Illinois clib that has at least one very low number '92 that is still in plastic with delivery miles only. He also has been huge amounts of research in the 92's and from what I understand has a very good accounting of where most all of the '92s are at. His name is Pat Wnek.