1993 Windshield Wiper Motor

Timothy McManus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My windshield wipers on my 1993 Viper have decided to sword fight each other. Drivers side wiper moves up and out of the way then passenger side wiper starts wiping and never stops. The driver side starts to randomly stop and shudder. From what i have read on here this means the passenger side wiper motor is bad. Does anyone have a good wiper motor they would like to sell?

OP
OP
T

Timothy McManus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a little info in case this happens to anybody else, I found new wiper motors from https://www.viperpartsusa.com/. The only problem is they are about $450 shipped. I wanted to make sure that I got the correct one replaced. The motors have 2 switches and a RPM signal that the controller reads to keep everything synchronized. The switches each connect a pin to ground when the wiper blade is in a certain location. The RPM signal pulses a ground connection as the motor spins. My drivers side RPM signal was consistent, but the passenger side was erratic. Ordered a new passenger side motor and she works as advertise. Quick note, the motors are exactly the same mechanically and electrically, the only difference is the mounting plate which you can easily swap over with only 4 screws, so if you happen to order the wrong side it’s easy to fix.

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set for sale, BUT. The one that is acting crazy is usually the good one. Timothy, I would guess your Pass side is the bad one.

ricktessmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having been an original 93 Viper owner, I will pass this on.
Back in the "Day" to story going around was that the wiper motors were the same as used in the 93 model Dodge minivan rear window wiper. Not sure how true that story was but it may be worth investigating. It makes sense when you think about how they operate. Good Luck Rick Tessmer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets