1995 Emerald Green DLM III+ For Sale

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I uploaded the ad to the Viper Classifieds last night, but it hasn't been posted there yet (has to be approved first). In the meantime, here is a link to a full description with lots of pictures:

http://kansascityvca.com/lister/

And a preview:

You must be registered for see images

For those that are coming to the V10 Nationals event in Topeka July 9-10, this car will be there (it resides in Topeka full-time). Might be a good time to pick yourself up one serious supercharged monster! 900+ horsepower on pump gas... E-mail [email protected] for more information or to arrange purchase. I have driven this car and like all the Doug Levin creations, it is scary fast!

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knowing how well Y2K3SRT can sale cars, I bet this one will be sold in a few days :) I have an SUV that I need to sale, can you help!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I am still mixed on that quick sale with the SRT. Nothing car-related to do on the weekend of the 4th (regret), nothing to drive at the V10 Nationals (big regret), and so many upcoming summer days for a show, cruise, or race (yet another regret). We both did well on the price, so that part has no regrets at all.

Now if I can figure out a way to get this emerald green beauty in my garage for a couple days before it sells... ;)

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess this is the for sale section now!!!

You know what is so strange, is that you only make this comment on MY posts (all 2 of them). You reply to other "For Sale" posts on this very forum with "This is probably a nice pristine example and hope you get your price as that will keep my cars value higher!!!" and on another "this is one of the more pristine vehicles offered for sale in the classifieds!!" - but never jab them like you seem to target me. Now we KNOW you hate the SRT with a passion, so is it my screen name? Don't like people from the Midwest? I'll tell you what, you show up at the V10 Nationals in Topeka or come down to VOI and I will buy you a beer. Hell, make it two. I appreciate the "bumps" on my posts, but please go harrass somebody else.

Hoosier Daddy posts, including all For Sale replies

I am trying to help a fellow Viper owner and VCA member sell his car. I submitted it to the classifieds two days ago, but Jay must be out - it is still not posted there. In the meantime, the Topeka V10 Nationals is only a week away, so if somebody wants to pick this car up there (it lives in Topeka), then his window is VERY short. And if it soothes your nerves a bit, this RT/10 owner is planning to replace it with a GTS, not the dreaded SRT...

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are you selling it?

Since this could be asking one of two things, I will answer both:

If you are asking why I am selling it rather than the owner, it is because they don't do a lot of Internet stuff (don't write web pages, etc.), have a dial-up modem, and he recently went through a fairly major surgery and can't spend a lot of time sitting at the PC (that web page took me about six hours to build).

If you are asking why he (the owner) is selling it, I suspect there are two reasons. One is that he would like to get into a GTS with those few added comforts like power windows, outside door handles, etc. The second, which I am guessing, is that he has pretty much "maxed out" this Viper and there isn't a whole lot more he can do with it - no upgrades necessary. I'll bet he won't leave his next Viper stock for long...

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll tell you, that is one fine and frightening green beast. That thing coming straight at you under only part throttle is more scary that looking at me in the morning mirror. Scares the s=== out of ya.

Good luck with the sale.

That's 1000 posts! Let's see, my next goal --- something yellow this way comes!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang your sensitive. I only yanked your chain on this one because your comments on the previous one!!!

Okay, okay - I'll settle for sensitive as long as it isn't in a pastel color. ;) And I'll still buy you a couple beers at the next Viper gig we frequent! :2tu:

Gear Grabbn Gary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer as to why would one sell such a great car is simple. To keep peace at home. The wife has been very tolerante to this point, but now is the time for adjustable pedlles, real windows and yes a GTS. We do enjoy driving our cars and as Chris stated there is no more we can do to this car. So we are just looking for a change, and an another challenge to build up another Viper. Love the feel of 900+ HP when you push on the gas. Gary

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is a rare DLM car. if i was looking for another roadster i would buy it!!!!!
good luck with your sale

Max

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick heads up that he has decided to put this car on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2487032594

Reserve is VERY reasonable and somebody is going to end up with one of the nicest (and fastest) Vipers on the planet. Oh yeah, and he is also selling his custom '66 Dodge Charger (440 6-pack) on eBay as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2487030938

Hate to see these cars go, but somebody is going to get a GREAT deal! Gary is a Kansas City VCA member and is as honest as the day is long. Please take a look at these auctions if you are so inclined.

Chris

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris, beautiful car! Must say, probably one of the best ebay auction descriptions/photos ever put together. Well done. If this Levin only had the deep pockets of the other Levin, your car would have a new home. Good luck.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As always, greatly appreciated! While it pains me to see somebody let their Viper go (especially me!), I always try to help when I can. Having done this eBay thing for a while (7/96), I take pride in my auctions and enjoy seeing the results. Hopefully he will get what he needs from these two beauties!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does DLM do anything to the internals and what about dreaded GEN1 head gaskets?

Thanks

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does DLM do anything to the internals and what about dreaded GEN1 head gaskets?

I think the bottom end is stock (will check for sure), but the heads are custom DLM Level III heads with S/S oversized valves, O-ringed chambers, heavy duty springs, etc. It also has T&D roller rockers with hardened push rods, new hydraulic lifters, billet throttle bodies, larger injectors, and MUCH more. Not to mention that 900 horsepower intercooled supercharger. ;) And I guarantee that the original Gen I head gaskets are looooooong gone!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awsome looking VIPER,Interested in where you got the rear defusser????
KEEP IT AND BUY A GTS AS WELL!!!!