1999 Black/Cognac RT/10 FOR SALE

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I'm shopping for 08's and don't have the garage space for two Vipers. So, sadly, I must part with my current '99 RT/10 before adding a '08. Info is below.

Viper Details:

The Good

Performance mods:

- Gred Good Stage IV heads (flow at 310 cfm)
- Belanger Headers
- Borla cat back
- custom modified catalytic converters
- T&D roller rockers
- customized PCM
- custom ignition wires (AB's)
- Baer Eradispeed slotted/drilled rotors
- 40mm rear brake upgrade (Tom's)
- Performance brake pads
- brand new Michelin PS2 tires (0 miles, just installed), high speed balance, alignment
- custom tune
- ALL work performed by DLM

Other mods:

- MGW shifter
- Kenwood KVT-915DVD touchscreen head unit
- Kicker 750W amp
- Infinity door speakers
- A/D/S subwoofer
- Clifford alarm
- new OEM Dodge window tint
- refinished wheels (all scratches/rash removed, look brand new)
- Roe fire extinguisher
- new headliner
- chrome logos

The Bad

- has been in two low speed collisions
- small tear in console, approximately 1-inch long
- fascia needs repainting, a few chips in the paint from road debris
- two small holes in dashboard near airbag enable/disable switch from where previous owner (Tommy Haas - pro tennis player) had a GPS unit mounted

As for the collisions, here are the details:

First accident:

I was passing a truck on the left side at about 15 MPH when he turned left directly in front of me from the outside lane. I braked hard and tried to turn with him, but glanced off the side of his truck with the front right of the car. The damage was heavy scratches down the side of the hood, a cracked fascia, and shattered headlight assembly along with the front right turn signal. Frame was not damaged. I drove the car home from the accident, and the alignment was just as good as it was before the crash. I have a photo of the damage taken immediately after the accident here:

[media]http://www.kimmons.tv/pics/crash.jpg[/media]

When the insurance company adjusted it, I insisted that all damaged parts be REPLACED, not repaired. They agreed. Every single damaged part, including the hood, was replaced with OEM parts, installed by a body shop that specializes in high end cars and frame off restorations. I also used this opportunity to have the car repainted, which came out to be a $9,000 custom paint job, using a deep gloss black.

Second accident:

I was sitting at a stop light and was rear ended at approximately 10 MPH by a Dodge Durango. The impact damaged the rear bumper, the trunk lid and the right quarter panel. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me at the time so I don't have photos of the damage, though it was slight. The car was mechanically fine. I drove it for about 300 miles from New Jersey to Boston after the impact, and the alignment was fine, as was the ride quality. I then had it shipped from Boston back to the same body shop who repaired it after the first collision. I could not find a long haul shipper, so a short haul transport took it to Chuck Tator's where it stayed for a day or two, and a long haul shipper picked it up from there and delivered it to the body shop in Miami. He probably does not remember the extent of the damage, but I will ask him if he can give an 'eye witness' account as to the severity of the impact.

The same rules were given to the insurance company to REPLACE, not repair, all damaged parts. Since it was the same body shop, they used the same paint, so the color match is perfect.

I've owned the car for 5.5 years. During the entire time, it has been mechanically maintained by Doug Levin. He has done ALL upgrades and performed ALL maintenance work, save for the first oil change and coolant flush, which I did myself. Mechanically, it runs better than new. It is very fast, sounds better than any Viper I've ever heard, the interior stays cool and is as reliable as stock.

For those interested, I will give you the details of the body shop and you can talk to them directly about the work done.

If you have questions about the mechanical soundness of the car or the work that has been done on it, you can ask Doug directly.

I'm not hiding anything.

The car is free to be inspected by a tuner, mechanic, VCA member, friend of the buyer, or the buyer directly. You are welcome to take it for a test drive. I completely understand the hesitation behind buying a car which has been in a wreck. But, considering the mods it has, the care with which it was repaired, and the car's condition, it's a great deal.

I'm in no rush to sell. I love the car. I'm shopping for 2008's but I could keep this car and be happy, so it's not a fire sale. Unfortunately, I don't have the garage space for two, so I need to sell this one before I buy another.

If you're interested, feel free to contact me with any questions at: [email protected]

I'm currently in Asia/Oceania on business, but am scheduled to be back in Miami on February 6. However, viewings of the car can be arranged before then, if the buyer is in a rush.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gred Good Stage IV heads (flow at 310 cfm)
ALL work performed by DLM
During the entire time, it has been mechanically maintained by Doug Levin. He has done ALL upgrades and performed ALL maintenance work

thats all id have to hear. anyone who is interested should call Doug, he is very helpful and would obviously know this car well. Dougs work is second to none.

good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
How much? How many miles? Any other pictures?

I've placed an ad in the classifieds; should appear soon.

Until then:

Mileage: 22,000
Price: $35,000

[media]http://www.kimmons.tv/pics/my_ride_1.jpg[/media]
[media]http://www.kimmons.tv/pics/my_ride_2.jpg[/media]

Once I get home, I will take more photos, but that is a few weeks away.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
OK, so the classified appeared for a couple days, then disappeared.

It's still there if I go directly to the link: Message - ViperClub Classifieds

But, it's not there when I browse the Classifieds section of the website. I edited the ad to include a few things I left out in the original; does that mean it has to get re-approved or something?

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for anyone who plans to drive their viper, your car is just right - nice mods, good luck on the sale

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so the classified appeared for a couple days, then disappeared.

It's still there if I go directly to the link: Message - ViperClub Classifieds

But, it's not there when I browse the Classifieds section of the website. I edited the ad to include a few things I left out in the original; does that mean it has to get re-approved or something?

That is correct, it has to be approved again, which I just did.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Are you looking for a new 08 or used?

Bruce

Used. Black w/ Cognac interior. Prefer solid black, but would consider white or silver stripes, as well.

I'm also trying to sell myself on SSG. I love the way it looks, I just don't know if I will continue to love the way it looks. Black/Cognac is a timeless combo. I think SSG might lose its novelty after a bit.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Used. Black w/ Cognac interior. Prefer solid black, but would consider white or silver stripes, as well.

I'm also trying to sell myself on SSG. I love the way it looks, I just don't know if I will continue to love the way it looks. Black/Cognac is a timeless combo. I think SSG might lose its novelty after a bit.

I would also consider a vert matching the above description, but on the Gen IV's, I like the lines of the coupe a lot more than the verts. On the Gen II's, I slightly prefer the verts, though the coupes are still gorgeous.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm currently in Asia/Oceania on business, but am scheduled to be back in Miami on February 6. However, viewings of the car can be arranged before then, if the buyer is in a rush.

It is good that some cars here are being sold by posters with recognizable usernames, otherwise we might wonder if you're "an airline pilot" and currently "going through a divorce". :omg:

Just kidding. Good luck on the sale. It looks pretty in the photos.