1995 RT/10 for 6'5" individual?

Car Lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Re: 1995 RT/10 for 6\'5

I just purchased my 1995 RT/10 in the last 30 days....I'm 6'51/4" and I fit...sure it's tight but what great car wouldn't be. There is a seat lowering kit available that I will investigate. Buy one it will be the best thing you ever did.

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 1995 RT/10 for 6\'5\" individual?

you'll probably fit in a 1999 or new porsche carrera convertible. my neighbor is 6'7" and he seemed to fit fine. the porsche is a really nice ride.

jason

S

SUN RA KAT

I'm 6'5" & 330 Pounds. You will be able to easily fit in the RT-10 as long as the top is not on. With the hard top on and the 2" seat lowering kit, you will barely fit in it. Caught by bad weather with no top on, in less than 3 minutes you will be able to put the folding emergency top on, and then you will not fit at all, unless you are able to drive with your head bend over at a 60 degree angle (and still your head will be hitting the emergency top).

That's why I got the GTS. Much more head room. I still needed the 2" seat lowering kit, though.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: 1995 RT/10 for 6\'5\" individual?

I just bought my 95 a month ago. One of my biggest concerns was if I could fit in the car decent. I am 6'3" and maybe 225lbs. I sat in a few 92-95 cars and kept hitting my knee on the dash when I worked the clutch. I tried a 96R/T and it seemed like there was more leg room in the dash, not sure if this was the case but it seemed like the area around the headlight switch was recessed an inch or so more than 92-95. It was close enough that I figured I would just drop the seat 1-2 inches and it would work for me. Anyway, I bought the 95 and found that unlike most cars I got the most room with the seat bottom all the way back and then tilt as far as possible. Most cars I like to be one or 2 clicks from the back on the bottom so I can lay the top down more and recline. That does not work on this car because of the limited space. After a month with the car I found I can get by pretty well as is, I definitely will still drop the seat but maybe only 1" and I'll get to it when I get to it, not an urgent thing at this point. The Vette has tons more space, but I would rather shove my feet against the other 2 cylinders of the Viper. Buy these http://secureprocessing.net/PartsRack/WebShop/store/detail.tmpl?sku=40006&category=Interior&cart=105348802983286 or these http://secureprocessing.net/PartsRack/WebShop/store/detail.tmpl?sku=40005&category=Interior&cart=105348808883301 Drop the seat and I bet you will fit fine. ;)

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm 6'5. It's tight in my RT/10. Without the top on, the main issue is that straight ahead in your line of vision is the top of the windshield. Slouching a little helps.

With the hardtop on, I fit, but with literally no room to spare (note, I am not sure if I have a factory or aftermarket top, look at http://viper.lamba.ca for pics). Have never tried with a soft top.

Also my knees are almost always up against the panel.

I plan to get the seat lowering kit soon.

That being said, although I might fit better if I was 5 inches shorter, I love the car and wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm sure you can find someone local who will let you sit in theirs.

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am 6'5'. With my 94 and 2' seat lowering kit and Vmania hard top I was able to ware a helmet with about 1/2" clearance. You will fit fine.