1995 RT/10 Value?

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found locally a yellow 1995 RT/10 that just rolled over 50k miles. It has a clean carfax, 3 owners, and the asking price I believe to be very low. It does have a couple electrical crickets such as the wipers not working. If one were to buy this as sort of an entry to the Viper world with the intentions of fixing what's wrong and then upgrading to an SRT next year, what would it be worth in the spring when the market is higher for Vipers? I feel that it is probably a 30k car, am I right?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, I would just wait till you get the SRT. Save the $$ for that car then trying to fix up another only to turn around and sell it in a year. Especially if there are electrical problems.

OP
OP
C

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I suppose it could turn out to be something much worse. In case you can't tell I'm a little impatient haha. The thing I was thinking is that he's only asking 25k, so if I could enjoy a viper now, and unload it next year for a little profit, or even break even that would be awesome.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's it goin' up der use guys, eh? :D

I would go for $25K if everything else turns up ok. Remember, you will probably have to immediately put $2K into it for new tires and fluid changes.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wiper problem is easy. Typically it's one of the motors. If you can get it for $25K and it's in good shape, cool. Get it cheaper, even better. 1995 was the last year of the side pipes, check to see if it is one of the "last 300".

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'95 is for sure the best gen 1.

If you want a gen 1..... Jump on it. Just know that gen 1 cars are very basic, open cars. (almost like a bike, IMO).....

Just keep the old DD and enjoy the viper like it was supposed to be enjoyed... *******.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't count on any profit, especially in that short a time...I think the Gen 1 provides the ultimate Viper experience, but as jdeft1 says, it is an open car.

If the plan is to have it for a year then move to an Gen III or IV Viper, I'd just hold off and save the extra cash for it and not take the intermediate step. Also factor in that you will have taxes, registration, fixing whatever is not right with it, etc ...

Another thing to think about is with the Gen V around the corner, prices aren't going to go up anytime soon

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't count on any profit, especially in that short a time...I think the Gen 1 provides the ultimate Viper experience, but as jdeft1 says, it is an open car.

If the plan is to have it for a year then move to an Gen III or IV Viper, I'd just hold off and save the extra cash for it and not take the intermediate step. Also factor in that you will have taxes, registration, fixing whatever is not right with it, etc ...

Another thing to think about is with the Gen V around the corner, prices aren't going to go up anytime soon

Yes, but the enjoyment factor goes WAY up when you jump in the car and go for a cruise.............................:D :D

rthorley

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I suppose it could turn out to be something much worse. In case you can't tell I'm a little impatient haha. The thing I was thinking is that he's only asking 25k, so if I could enjoy a viper now, and unload it next year for a little profit, or even break even that would be awesome.

25K is high in my opinion. You will have a very hard time selling it because of the no power windows and door locks. with 50K miles it should be closer to 18-20

just my 2 cents

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
25K is high in my opinion. You will have a very hard time selling it because of the no power windows and door locks. with 50K miles it should be closer to 18-20

just my 2 cents

+1 about a month ago there was a 95 with some tasteful mods asking $20,000 BTW what makes u think you will sell it for more than this guy especially when carfax will show yet another owner. IMO be prepared to loose a few dollars...

OP
OP
C

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their opinions. It seems like the best thing to do will be hold off. After taxes and repairs I may be lucky to break even, and then in the event should my dream SRT pop up for sale, I would need to scramble to sell the RT.

I guess I've waited this long...what's another 9 months.

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Plus, you'd only have about two months of driving left living in Wisconsin. Not worth it at all.