1996 - 2002 Dodge Viper Buyer's Guide Video.

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by C O D Y, Feb 9, 2019.

1. C O D Y

C O D Y Enthusiast

Are you thinking of buying a used Viper and want to know what year Viper is best for you? Or are you a current Viper owner and curious about some of the options and running changes from year to year? This is a 1996 to 2002 Gen 2 Dodge Viper Buyer's Guide video I made to help answer some of those questions and give you everything you need to know before purchasing a used Gen II Viper.

I tried to cover items I felt are important for first time Vipers buyers to know. Of course I cover some of the basics, but I also go in to the finer details, differences and running changes from year to year plus I share some rare and not often seen items. Hope it helps anyone that is thinking of buying a Gen II Viper. Feel free to add anything that I might have missed or you feel is important in the comments.

Thank you for taking a look.

~Cody

51579183_10205593075944027_7458372745735176192_o.jpg Image4.jpg

steve e and ViperJeff like this.
  2. blownrunner

blownrunner Enthusiast

Wow, awesome video!

C O D Y likes this.
  3. blownrunner

blownrunner Enthusiast

Ultimate? How about a 2002 with the frame updates and ABS, with the final edition package, and then having the ACR package with the comfort group put back in?

C O D Y likes this.
  4. charlesj

charlesj Viper Owner

Excellent video man! I have been a viper owner for almost 15 years now and learned a lot. Very well made video as well. Also, impressive lungs. I don't think you took a single breath throughout the entire 50 minutes! Had to pause and go back a few times to catch some things but prefer the fast pace versus a slow drawn out analysis. Thanks for putting it together and sharing.
    :rock:

C O D Y likes this.
  5. Jerry Scott[CO]

Jerry Scott[CO] Viper Owner

I didn't see anything about the side sill metal screws falling out and getting stuck in the rear tires, at least in my 97 GTS. I did a write up back then to replace the screws with machine screws and and to place insert nuts into the frame. That was a big problem back then and still is if the changes were not made. Jerry Scott