1997 gts lack of power sometimes

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi been a while a friend of mine has a 1997 gts sometimes it has lack of power like its running half of cylinders and has a pending code po 172 b2 running rich,any ideas?
thanks

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
possibly 02 sensor crashing- replace both as a pair- do not buy universals as they can make you chase your tail= but can also be a false code, - is the car stock?- you could have a fuel pump goin or a air/vacume leak causing a false code-

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is but I would also check the intake manifold screws/bolts. Mine loosened up on me a just about drove me crazy tracking down the problem. The hotter the ambient temp the worse the engine would run.

gtex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anybody have an idea what that torque spec should be for the intake bolts? I probably ought to check mine. this sounds similar to the slight miss I felt in my 97, often in the Texas summer heat. I think I saw the same pending code playing with my new bluetooth OBDII widget.

Not sure what the problem is but I would also check the intake manifold screws/bolts. Mine loosened up on me a just about drove me crazy tracking down the problem. The hotter the ambient temp the worse the engine would run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950