1st viper--need info @ext. warranties & insurance

bcrl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just bought our first viper! a 1999 RT/10 black/cognac, 4000 miles and it will be here in about 3 weeks. Does anyone have good sources for purchasing extended warranties and/or insurance? Thanks.

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 24, and with State Farm I pay $86.00 dollars a month full coverge. As far as extended warranties , I will be purchasing one soon from Dodge. For a 7 year 60k warranty from Dodge I have been quoted around $1600.00.

OP
OP
B

bcrl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blackgts99:
I am 24, and with State Farm I pay $86.00 dollars a month full coverge. As far as extended warranties , I will be purchasing one soon from Dodge. For a 7 year 60k warranty from Dodge I have been quoted around $1600.00.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
that sounds like a very good rate! are you buying your ext. warranty direct from a dodge dealer?

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Huffins Dodge gave me that price, but a friend said to shop the dealers, because u can buy from any dealer over the phone. Thats what I am going to do is call some dealers out of state before I buy.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Statefarm seems to be the most reasonable for insurance. I'm a youngin' and places like progressive wanted 4500 every 6 LOL Statefarm got me full coverage for me and my fiancee, from 89$ to 125$ (higher is the lower dect).

Would cost me more to insure a 97 C5 than a 94 viper.. go figure.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7 year Maximum care - $1,230

The guys name is Lance and I can't seem to find the number right now. email me if you can't find a better price and I'll track it down.

I did call the lady that BobZ keeps telling everyone to call, and she quoted me about $100 higher.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
bcrl,

Welcome to the incredible world of Viper ownership! And hopefully to the VCA as a member as well. I am a retired Dodge dealer and I just put a Chrysler 7/50 Maximum Customer Care service contract on my '99 Prowler. If my memory serves me correctly, you can only put a "new car" service contract on a previously enjoyed (used!) vehicle within 3 years from the "original in-service date" so be sure to act fast if you are getting close to that cut-off date. Up to one year from the original I.S.D., there is no "surcharge". From one year up to the the end of the second year, there is a $100 surcharge and a $200 surcharge after the second year but before the end of the third year. Check with your dealer for the accuracy of these figures please! I would recommend that you go and purchase the Chrysler service contract from the dealer where you intend to have your service work done and especially where warranty/service contract work will be performed. It makes for better feelings all around. Check with various dealers for comparison prices to work with your dealer with but remember he is a businessman and has the right and the need to make a profit as any businessman (or woman) would. The important thing is to make sure that Chrysler is going to pay for the repairs and not you, especially when you see the prices of the parts and labor for these low-volume cars! You will need to pick your level of protection desired...I highly recommend the "big" one, the Maximum Customer Care S.C.! Then choose your deductible...$0, $50, $100, etc. and compare the price for each. My dealer just had to replace the left door interior trim panel on my Prowler under warranty because the radio speaker grille had a little rust on it and the grille was not serviced as a seperate unit and they had to replace the entire panel...retail price $700!!! WOW!!! Glad it was Chrysler's nickel and not mine! Just an illustration why you need as much protection as you can get for as long as you can afford. Up to 50,000 miles seems to be a good value as the prices move upward steeply above that but if you are going to be putting on the higher mileage, get the higher mileage protection. "Pay me now or pay me later!" These contracts are also a great hedge against ever-increasing prices of parts and labor as well. Other than having to pay for these contracts in the beginning, there is no downside! Even though I was a dealer and sold them to make a profit and protect my customer, I am also a believer and have them on all my vehicles! I hope the foregoing is helpful to you and if I can be of any assistance, email me and I will try to be of service if I can. Enjoy the experience you are about embark on...the wonderful world of Viper ownership!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960