2 Dead in Viper Crash: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish you would have picked something like pedophiles or Islamabombers. I know it's wrong but there is something admirable about robbing a bank.

WOW, don't know how I overlooked this comment the first time around. You sir are a fool if you think there is anything "admirable" about robbery.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, don't know how I overlooked this comment the first time around. You sir are a fool if you think there is anything "admirable" about robbery.

Run that by your cell mate.

Cell mate: "What you in for?"

You: "**********."

Cell mate: "You're my BF now."

Attempt #2...

You: "Terrorist."

Cell mate: "You're my BF now."

Attempt #3...

You: "Armed robbery."

Cell mate: "You can have either bunk."

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
dave6666 said: "Ya can't fix stupid."

Actually, I have fixed quite a few...many hundreds. That aside, I'm a strong believer in prevention...would be very happy to see new Viper drivers take the car a tad more seriously BEFORE the "incident"...good time to pitch VIPER DAYS DRIVER'S EDUCATION COURSE !!!

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dave6666 said: "Ya can't fix stupid."

Actually, I have fixed quite a few...many hundreds. That aside, I'm a strong believer in prevention...would be very happy to see new Viper drivers take the car a tad more seriously BEFORE the "incident"...good time to pitch VIPER DAYS DRIVER'S EDUCATION COURSE !!!

I agree with your comments...I would bet all of us have been stupid at times in our live's imo. Some of us may even be stupid again tomorrow :dunno:...still sad two live's were lost and many more destroyed whether they were being stupid or just lost focus for one instant,and you cannot do either in a Viper no matter your 'experience' .:nono:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you guys can be brutal on the deaths of these people.. geeez

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh, guys,

I revived this thread to see if anyone had any news on the cause of this tragedy. Fifteen posts later - nothing.

:dunno:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to some of us self proclaimed experts, the cause of the accident could have well be stupidity. That conclusion will be well disguised in an official police accident report, so consider mine the "street" version of events.

19 and done?

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to some of us self proclaimed experts, the cause of the accident could have well be stupidity. That conclusion will be well disguised in an official police accident report, so consider mine the "street" version of events.

19 and done?

Dude,none of us were there and as far as i can tell,nobody claims to know what exactly happened...so opinions are like azzholez..everyone's got one..and most stink! :drive:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Important... I'm not here to make friends, or impress people so they like me.

Also important... Let's run down the list of possible AND LIKELY accident causes that result in this press release by officials:

An Orange County sheriff's deputy and his father-in-law were killed Saturday night after driving at a "high rate of speed" in a Dodge Viper, officials said.

List...

Stupidity. Being stoooooooooooooooooopid.

The ONLY place that doesn't apply is a closed course. If you are driving at a high rate of speed on a public road regardless of road or traffic conditions or whatever and you wreck, then you are guilty of being STUPID. Ever see a 2ft oak tree 10 feet off course at a track? Ever see participants not wearing helmets at a track? Hmm.

It amazes me how people will defend themselves defending the dead by saying that I wasn't there and I don't know what happened. I don't have to have been there to know that driving at a high rate of speed on a public road is stupid!!! It applies every time, when I do it, when you do it, when you get caught, when you don't. Stupid EVERY time and they were stupid. The root cause of their wreck was being STUPID!!!

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Important... I'm not here to make friends, or impress people so they like me.

Also important... Let's run down the list of possible AND LIKELY accident causes that result in this press release by officials:

An Orange County sheriff's deputy and his father-in-law were killed Saturday night after driving at a "high rate of speed" in a Dodge Viper, officials said.

List...

Stupidity. Being stoooooooooooooooooopid.

The ONLY place that doesn't apply is a closed course. If you are driving at a high rate of speed on a public road regardless of road or traffic conditions or whatever and you wreck, then you are guilty of being STUPID. Ever see a 2ft oak tree 10 feet off course at a track? Ever see participants not wearing helmets at a track? Hmm.

It amazes me how people will defend themselves defending the dead by saying that I wasn't there and I don't know what happened. I don't have to have been there to know that driving at a high rate of speed on a public road is stupid!!! It applies every time, when I do it, when you do it, when you get caught, when you don't. Stupid EVERY time and they were stupid. The root cause of their wreck was being STUPID!!!

I agree if they were driving at a high rate of speed,they shouldn't have been doing that. My problem with statements like yours is you jump to your own conclusions without really knowing any facts and another problem..these folks are dead...and they have families. Just go ahead and get the last word. I will let this go if only out of respect for these men's families. I am sorry if you have never been guilty of anything 'stupid' . You are a special human being .Funny thing is i do agree with a lot of what you have said.Just think a little compassion for your fellow man would be in order. I have not one more thing to say on this and God bless you brother.:2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
important... I'm Not Here To Make Friends, Or Impress People So They Like Me.

Also Important... Let's Run Down The List Of Possible And Likely Accident Causes That Result In This Press Release By Officials:

an Orange County Sheriff's Deputy And His Father-in-law Were Killed Saturday Night After Driving At A "high Rate Of Speed" In A Dodge Viper, Officials Said.

List...

Stupidity. Being Stoooooooooooooooooopid.

The Only Place That Doesn't Apply Is A Closed Course. If You Are Driving At A High Rate Of Speed On A Public Road Regardless Of Road Or Traffic Conditions Or Whatever And You Wreck, Then You Are Guilty Of Being Stupid. Ever See A 2ft Oak Tree 10 Feet Off Course At A Track? Ever See Participants Not Wearing Helmets At A Track? Hmm.

It Amazes Me How People Will Defend Themselves Defending The Dead By Saying That I Wasn't There And I Don't Know What Happened. i Don't Have To Have Been There To Know That Driving At A High Rate Of Speed On A Public Road Is Stupid!!! it Applies Every Time, when I Do It, When You Do It, When You Get Caught, When You Don't. Stupid Every Time And They Were Stupid. The Root Cause Of Their Wreck Was Being Stupid!!!

i Agree If They Were Driving At A High Rate Of Speed,they Shouldn't Have Been Doing That. my Problem With Statements Like Yours Is You Jump To Your Own Conclusions Without Really Knowing Any Facts And Another Problem..these Folks Are Dead...and They Have Families. Just Go Ahead And Get The Last Word. I Will Let This Go If Only Out Of Respect For These Men's Families. i Am Sorry If You Have Never Been Guilty Of Anything 'stupid' . You Are A Special Human Being .funny Thing Is I Do Agree With A Lot Of What You Have Said.just Think A Little Compassion For Your Fellow Man Would Be In Order. I Have Not One More Thing To Say On This And God Bless You Brother.:2tu:

Dude... It amazes me that in one sentence you say you agree with my SINGLE AND COMPLETE SUPPORTING FACT that they were driving at a high rate of speed and they shouldn't be doing that because it is stoooooooooopid, and in the next sentence you say I'm jumping to conclusions!

Are you wishy-washy or what???

And I clearly admit to doing it myself. Why be an ass and accuse me otherwise?

26 yet?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bluntly put Dave :(
Yep, most, if not all of us have done Stupid stuff, Its just that we don't like hearing it ;) The sad part is 2 guys now cannot post a reply to the comments :(

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh. That was 25. Here's 26.

I'm not such an insensitive bastard that I would go up to a grieving widow and rub her face in her husband's accomplishment. But it's been 7 months now and I doubt she's subscribed to this thread. So this is just between us.

If by chance she is keeping tabs on this thread, best wishes to picking a smarter husband next time.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about Calif but here in NJ 9(ironically a year ago the exact type of accident happened involving a rented Viper and 2 cops )our police (on or off duty )drive with TOTAL IMPUNITY from any and all traffic laws .Iam suprised this type of think doesnt happen more often

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bluntly put Dave :(
Yep, most, if not all of us have done Stupid stuff, Its just that we don't like hearing it ;) The sad part is 2 guys now cannot post a reply to the comments :(

I do not sugar coat my opinions. Harsh reality is delivered as harsh reality. Stupid acts are labeled as such. And so on.

PS... there would be no thread if the 2 could reply... ;)

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude... It amazes me that in one sentence you say you agree with my SINGLE AND COMPLETE SUPPORTING FACT that they were driving at a high rate of speed and they shouldn't be doing that because it is stoooooooooopid, and in the next sentence you say I'm jumping to conclusions!

Are you wishy-washy or what???

And I clearly admit to doing it myself. Why be an ass and accuse me otherwise?

26 yet?

Are we having fun yet? :eater:...i think i made myself clear..I didn't call a dead man stupid...just agreed 'if' they were driving at high speeds,they shouldn't have been..and left it at that...You have a right to name call and insult and be a **** if that is what you enjoy..I didn't say you were.Your problems are yours and i hope you learn to chill and take a few deep breaths sometime..count to ten or something. Thank you for admitting you have been stupid though.I agree with you again.:drive:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I drive "at a high rate of speed" some times. When I do that I am stupid.

This web site has the 10 breaths built in. The Alley does not. I post there too. Haven't seen you over there much.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about Calif but here in NJ 9(ironically a year ago the exact type of accident happened involving a rented Viper and 2 cops )our police (on or off duty )drive with TOTAL IMPUNITY from any and all traffic laws .Iam suprised this type of think doesnt happen more often

Their are bad cops and good...I was pulled over while turning into the cemetery where my ex wife's parents were buried by a state trooper who could have been Barney Fife's twin if he hadn't been so rude . He jumped out and demanded my license and i simply asked 'what did i do'..he said'just hand me your license' to which i replied'not until you tell me what i did'..he then stepped right into my face and said'are you questioning my authority?'..i said..no,i am questioning your intelligence if you don't get out of my face'...(i thought the law was they had to tell you first''i was wrong as i later found out')..anyway,he said i was speeding 66 in a 55..i know i wasn't but the next day my lawyer called and said he had overheard the officer talking to the judge who was handling my custody case and the trooper told the Judge he almost had to fight a hothead(me) the day before..lawyer recommended i just pay the ticket so as not to hurt my custody case. That's one time i really wanted to fight the ticket. But i have also known some fine and honest Law enforcement people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude