2 kills tonight

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to a car show earlier with a friend and a Suzuki GSXR 750 pulls next to me. Says "nice car is it fast?" I say "you are about to find out." Tell him 25 mph start on the 3rd honk of my horn. SMOKED him with no problem at all. I didn't even see the ZO6 vette behind him. So this idiot pulls next to me at the next light and says "now try a real car! I hate your license plate." (plate reads I8AVET...also in the current issue of Viper magazine) My friend and I looked at him and kind of laughed but I said "fine, 25 mph start on the 3rd honk of my horn." SMOKED him also! Came to a light at the next town and he pulls next to me looking straight ahead. I turn to him and say "time to get a real car don't you think? Wanna go again?" Light turns green and off he went. What a FUN evening, had a blast. My friend soiled his pants I think, but he was grinning from ear to ear. :headbang: :headbang:

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. Wish we could have been there! Thanks for the help on the interior. How about July 10th for the road trip.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fill me in please.
With a nearly stock Viper you are not going to smoke a Gixxer 750, not even a 1987 first generation of those bikes...

Ryan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must have been a lousy rider for you to have taken him from 25 mph.
I have a GSXR 1000, and I've yet to find a Viper that can hang from 25 mph. The Viper is a truly magnificent car, but you'll rarely find a car that can accellerate as hard as a bike.
Typical spec times for my bike is 0-60 2.9 seconds (trying to keep the front wheel down) 0-100 5.5 seconds (still trying to keep the front down) and 1/4 mile times ranging from 9.60's to 9.90's in the 145mph range(on a 100% stock machine). On the 1000, we're talking 150 +/- horsepower on an 440lb machine. The 750 isn't a slacker either at 127 +/- at the same weight.

I've played with a few Vipers on the roads around here in various situations and have yet to be taken. top gear at 80 mph roll on to about 150 the Viper was roughly 50 yards back.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know if it was the driver or not but all's I know once I shifted into 3rd I started pulling away. Maybe he didn't know how to race, maybe his bike was a pile of crap, who cares, a kill is a kill. The vette was way funner though. What an arrogant bastard. Hope I see that guy again. Ryan, I have no specs whatsoever on bikes but you are talking about a 1000. What are the #'s on a 750? I don't know about bikes, but on a snowmobile the difference is HUGE. I usually don't play with bikes anyways, because of the HP to weight ratio, but I had fun.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the modern bikes, the difference between a 600 and a 750 and a 750 to a 900 or 1000 cc bike aren't night and day. A 600 CC bike should walk most stalk and modded vipers unless you are talking forced induction. On a 750 CC bike it gets worse. Would have been good to have that kill on video though! Good job.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i don’t know about you guys but i smoked few GSXR’s 600CC with only headers and exhaust, ST and K&N, and i was running rich too (no cats), they always jump a car or so then i really walk them so easy, im planning racing a 750cc and a 2003 GSXR 1000 at the same time ill see what can i do, sure with a lot more than headers & exhaust :D

Ryan, no flame but i really never heard of a stock GSXR 1000 runs 9.60 or a 147 MPH most i see or hear are low 10’s and high 9’s and around 136-140 MPH .

Ok now where is Gerald when we need him he knows a lot about bikes :confused:

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So not only did you "Smoke" a 750cc bike you also "Smoked" a car with the same hp yet the Z06 had a 600lbs weight advantage(you had a passenger) in your mildy modded GenI? :confused: What are your mods? :confused: Modded a Gen I can beat a Z06 no question, but for you to "Smoke" a Z06 (which runs faster than a Gen I stock) you would have to have some pretty significant mods to run high 11's since the Z runs low 12's.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These kills make no sense.....A Gen 1 RT with those mods will have trouble with a stock Z06. You will not be "killing", "smoking" a Z06 from any speed..So how are you beating a 750cc?.....Please tell me you have more mods than in your sig...Like a SC/TT...Vipers are no joke but a Viper making close to stock Gen 1 power like yours aint even close to giving a 750cc a good run....You would be obliterated at any speed.

That being said "ANYTHING" can happen on the street...Not all drivers/riders are competant..You might have just lucked out and ran into two mediocre drivers/rider....

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I have NO idea what happened that night, all's I know is that I beat both of them and had a passenger to prove it, though I don't need to prove anything to you guys. Yes, I probably did get real lucky with the bike, I NEVER take on bikes, but I thought, why not. As far as the ZO6, That is the 2nd one I have raced and the second one I have beaten. I really don't understand why some of you always question what people post on here and then defend the other cars, like the Vette. I like Vette's, they are nice cars, but the Gen1 Viper is faster from a roll of 25mph. From a dead start with stock 3.07 gears.....who knows. I will start carrying my video camera with me so when I meet up with another Z06, I will get it on film. As far as me "smoking" the bike and car, that is just a term, some of you take it to literally. I should have used the word "beaten". The bike was right on my rear tire and the Vette was about 10 feet off my rear bumper. If any of you have any other complaints about the 2 kills I had, **** it up. Got lucky with the bike, no luck needed with the ZO6. End of story.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy buddy...no need for the fangs...Geez...I dont dont disbelieve the Vette win...Perish the thought...Its the the way you worded it with the "smoked" etc with your basically stock Gen 1.....The Bike kill was the one I really have a problem with...Im sure you've seen the usual suspects on here that kill bikes....Those guys are pushin 700-900rwhp to run with or "smoke" 750cc to liter bikes......You can understand why some have a problem with the kills cant you? :smirk:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Where is the BS flag when you need it. Did I mention that Lambo I smoked. I didn't notice a TT SRT10 behind it so I smoked him to. I must just be a good driver.

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETS
Congrats on your 2 "kills" !! Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your Viper ! Keep up the good work up holding the Viper name on the streets ! All you other guys, a win is a win regardless of driver error, a vehicle in bad tune, a bad start ect, ect, ect, blah, blah, blah. No matter what else happens who ever is ahead at the end the race is the winner. In these 2 races it was IEATVETS so instead of trying to analyse and disect the 2 races and figure out who woulda, coulda, shoulda, won Im giving kudos and a tip of my hat to my hero drivng the Viper!! Good job IEATVETS !!!!!

Bo

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a 1k gixxer in the 9s would be a sight to see. most experienced riders run 10.5 or so...

a zx12r/ busa is a 9.9 and that is with a pro rider.

from a roll.. its a different story. even the newer 600 can put up a good fight up to about 150.. and the liter bikes are untouchable unless you have some serious mods..

alex

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
600 GSXR's from a roll no match, viper will eat it trust me on this, with headers and Exhaust ST, K&N i guarantee this go out and play a lil and see for your self, if you lose call me ill drive your viper, ciao ;)

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a 1k gixxer in the 9s would be a sight to see. most experienced riders run 10.5 or so...

a zx12r/ busa is a 9.9 and that is with a pro rider.

I've seen plenty of GSXR 1000s in the high 9s and low 10s.
Most every busa at the track with a *decent* rider is running high 9s. Pros get them a LOT faster than that. Pros get stockish 600s in the high 9s.. by stockish I mean simple mods.. pipe, map, suspension.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx Bo and Mbnviper :D If I ever meet you 2 I will buy you a beer. As for you people who are so quick to judge....If I ever meet any of you, I will buy you a beer also; but I won't like it! LOL ;)

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must have been a lousy rider for you to have taken him from 25 mph.
I have a GSXR 1000, and I've yet to find a Viper that can hang from 25 mph. The Viper is a truly magnificent car, but you'll rarely find a car that can accellerate as hard as a bike.
Typical spec times for my bike is 0-60 2.9 seconds (trying to keep the front wheel down) 0-100 5.5 seconds (still trying to keep the front down) and 1/4 mile times ranging from 9.60's to 9.90's in the 145mph range(on a 100% stock machine). On the 1000, we're talking 150 +/- horsepower on an 440lb machine. The 750 isn't a slacker either at 127 +/- at the same weight.

I've played with a few Vipers on the roads around here in various situations and have yet to be taken. top gear at 80 mph roll on to about 150 the Viper was roughly 50 yards back.

I'm sure their are some DLM vipers in your area that will walk your gsxr. Look hard enough and you will find them.

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those are some awefully exaggerated 1/4mi times for those bikes... not impossible, just a little unbelievable

and those hp/weight ratios are off too, because one is using hp #s quoted from the magazines and not true dyno tested hp

my heavily modded 01 Yamaha R1 is only putting down 136hp to the tire, yet Yamaha claims 150 stock

just as an example, I have a buddy with a MTI built 383 powered 93 Trans Am, 4:10s, full exhaust... puts down just a hair under 500hp to the wheels. Whenever we race, it usually comes down to who gets the better jump or the better launch... most times its neck and neck

based on that, I can easily see how a 'lightly' modded Viper could beat a Gixxer 750

Ryan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ieatvets, I'm not trying to dog you, I have no doubts that you killed the vette. I've done it plenty of times in the old mans Viper, and I've watched the old man do it too. Just very surprising that you "killed/smoked" the bike. The GSX/R 750 is a 2.9-3.0 second 0-60 and I'd have to guess at 6 seconds or slightly faster 0-100 and mid 10's in a 1/4 mile. I just don't have hard numbers to back it up. That you did take him, isn't in question. Like you said could have been a POS bike, a POS rider, whatever. Kudos on it, but typically all you'll see is tail lights on a bike up to about 150 mph then you'd reel him in and cruise on by. That would be about the norm.

Here's some hard numbers that I've been able to find easily:
Cycle World June 02 pg 49
GSX/R 1000 0-60 2.7 seconds 1/4 mile 9.95 at 143.69 mph
145.2 hp at rear wheel dyno #'s not the manufacturer crank HP #'s
Motorcyclist June 02 pg 54 1/4 mile 9.89 at 145.35 mph

Granted these numbers are probably posted by pro level or near pro level riders. so taking that with the requisite grain of salt I'll eat a 1/2 second in the 1/4 which still puts the bike in the mid 10's.

Somewhere I've seen where a 2002 GSX/R 1000 ran I believe a 9.65 1/4. but I can't back it up.
The bigger machines like the Kawasaki ZX-12R and the GSX/R 1300 are even quicker but only by about 1/10th second or so in the 1/4 mile. But these are 100% stock machines. Add in a Full exhaust and a remapping of the fuel injection you can get a roughly 10% improvement in peak HP.

2mantoys,
And I'm sure that somewhere there is a viper or 6 that will gladly show me its tail lights. But at the $11,000 I have into the bike (including the purchase price) I'll embarrass a majority of Vipers up to roughly 160 mph. When you (they) would start to catch up (bike is electronically limited at 179 MPH) But I'm also sure that they've spent more than $11K to get that quick.

Notdadz, A stock GSX/R 600 is a reasonably fair fight for a gen II viper. From a dead stop the bike will most likely win but not by a commanding lead maybe a car length at best. from a 60 mph roll on it's probably a dead heat and who ever gets a bit lucky will take it but the gap will be small. And if you think the 600 is quick, try the 1000, add 10 lbs and roughly 45 horsepower...

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny when ever a Viper beats a sportbike you sportbike owners go nuts??? I've outran some in the past, Gerald busts them all the time, Cudaman does the same, as do many other viper owners. It's not that big a deal. You win some, you lose some. This is a Viper forum you should be happy that he won.

Ryan when you get your own Viper then you can talk smack and doubt them. Until then go back to one of the sportbike forums. I don't care what the mags. says your bike will do. It's irrelavent. Especially to the original post. Can sportbikes outrun Vipers? Sure they can everyone knows that. It's easy for you to compare them saying I've got $11,000.00 in my bike vs. 50-80,000.00 in a Viper. Your right you may only have 11,000 in your bike, but it's still a bike, not a Viper. Theirs more to owning a Viper than just performance stats.
Congrats. I8VETS!!!

rsviper94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETS
Congrats on your 2 "kills" !! Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your Viper ! Keep up the good work up holding the Viper name on the streets ! All you other guys, a win is a win regardless of driver error, a vehicle in bad tune, a bad start ect, ect, ect, blah, blah, blah. No matter what else happens who ever is ahead at the end the race is the winner. In these 2 races it was IEATVETS so instead of trying to analyse and disect the 2 races and figure out who woulda, coulda, shoulda, won Im giving kudos and a tip of my hat to my hero drivng the Viper!! Good job IEATVETS !!!!!

Bo
:2tu: :2tu: :2tu: , GREAT WINS!!!! Everyone is talking about what the bike will do in the 1/4, why don't they talk about the top end of the bike. I have owned a Ninja 600 and a FZR1000 that was built to the hilt and I never took either one over 150 and you will not find many street riders that will. If you talk to most of them they will tell you that they have but in reality they probably chickened out at 135 to 140 mph. I had one of my employees tell me that he took his stock 600 up to 175 mph and had more to go, give me a break. If a Viper owner was that interested in what a $6000 bike would do he would probably own one. Great Kills!!!!!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some of the bike times are exaggerated as well. At the trach I repeatedly ran 600's and 750's and spanked them everytime. Even when we both hooked up and had good traction the bikes did not pull on me any. I actually pulled them a little and I have a little over 500rwhp.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you guys are getting a little too hung up on magazine times. Out of the hole, if the bike has a good rider, it will be damn near impossible to smoke a newer bike.

Once you go from a roll, however, the viper will start to gain more advantage. The faster you start going, the easier time the Viper will have pulling on the bike. By the time IEATVETS shifted into third, the speed was getting up there. I don't doubt him.