2000 GTS ground strap under left side cowl

Prfgdwrnch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The windshield was recently replaced on my 2000 GTS. The next time I openned the hood,I noticed a braided ground strap hanging down from under the left side of the cowl. There is no reference to this ground strap in the service manual. I tried looking in the electrical, wiper, and radio sections.
Does anyone know where that ground strap should be connected.

Thanks

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that braided ground ******** my 2000 RT/10 when I removed the cowl to change spark plug wires. The end of it had a crimped on eye which was attached between the cowl and the body of the car and held down by one of the screws wich hold the cowl (near the wiper arm attachment point).

Hope that helps,
Jim

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, there are two round metal brackets that come up and hold the cowl in place and are secured with screws. It goes between the cowl and the bracket.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One end goes on the screw that holds the 90 degree bent metal shield that is directly behind the intake. I think the metal shield is to keep water off the coils/wires.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is connected to a metal film on the underside of the cowl.My guess was for radio interference?I have a vented cowl,no metal film and no connection.NO difference in radio or anything else that I have noticed. Bruce

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas