2000 Viper GTS ACR Buying Nightmare (Be Warned)

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats an easy one. He ownes an Insurance Co. Tell him to refund the money or you will be making a written ethics complaint with the Dept of Insurance and Banking, which is goverened by the State Attorney General. You will also included all of his false paper work ect. and demand a full investigation on him and the true story on the car.

Keep us posted

Excellent idea! Professional associations take a very dim view of these kinds of things, especially if there is the possibility of it going public.

BAD68GTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you need to file a dispute with paypal (go in the resolution section of paypal after you login). the payment requests are worthless because he can just ignore them. He CAN'T ignore the dispute because paypal will freeze his account for the full amount of your payment until it is resolved.

hopefully you used a CC to fund the payment because you can go that route and file a chargeback if need be.

I have been on eBay and Paypal since 1999 and have done 1000's of transactions. if you need any assistance PM me.
65,000+ Ebay transactions here, 3+ Million dollar account and the post above is 100% RIGHT ON. Since you however closed the dispute inadvertently killing your chance of reopening the dispute, your next recourse is a credit card dispute. I further concur with other more aggressive action if this is not an option, however you can call me as needed. War is my motto when need be and I have been doing internet transactions for a long long time, and as much as I avoid the stuff generally, when needed, you need capable hands in battle. Sun Tzu, never begin a battle unless you won it already. ;)

BAD68GTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to rescue the thread I had to put this up, but anyhow I doubt this guy epitomizes an educated individual based on how he articulated his ad :lmao: This makes it all the easier, and perhaps fun too if you enjoy doing it :headbang: Again, avoid fights, but when forced with no other alternative, use overpowering aggression for decisive victories and even Paris Hilton agrees.

Attachments

• paris-hilton-reading-the-art-of-war-by-sun-tzu.jpg
    paris-hilton-reading-the-art-of-war-by-sun-tzu.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow ! Some of you may remember all of the problems I had trying to buy this car late last year... I wound up losing $500 plus inspection services...

Well I just got a tip off on this guy more than 6 months later... Looks like he may have run out of luck when his storage building came down...

Here's what someone sent me...

Ralph Beck is NOT the owner of 21 Century Insurance, or any other insurance company for that matter. He is a professional scammer. He has been into horse trading, real estate sales, and for the past 15 years traded fast limited edition cars.

His brother Ken Beck runs Tessy Plastics in Lynchburg, VA. His other brother Roland Beck, runs Tessy Plastics in NY. Tessy : Home

His FB profile is here Welcome to Facebook

I recognized the photos of his house in Forest. The barn in the background held about 10 different special cars and was destroyed in a snow storm in Feb of this year.

Ralph has a habit of changing titles on standard cars, to special editions, and then reselling them as limited editions.

regularsavings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's a good rule to avoid people who have terrible spelling and grammar in their listing descriptions. It seems like more often than not that salvage titled cars have poorly written descriptions on ebay.

Another rule I like to follow is not to buy cars from people who give off an a**hole vibe when talking to them about the car. If you don't treat people well, you probably don't treat your car well.

Sorry about your $500. Glad to hear his barn got destroyed.

Reaction score
I think it's a good rule to avoid people who have terrible spelling and grammar in their listing descriptions. It seems like more often than not that salvage titled cars have poorly written descriptions on ebay.

Another rule I like to follow is not to buy cars from people who give off an a**hole vibe when talking to them about the car. If you don't treat people well, you probably don't treat your car well.

Sorry about your $500. Glad to hear his barn got destroyed.

Well said.