2000 Viper RT/10 Windshield Replacement cost with Labor

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only had a small 2 inch crack in the windshield for nearly 1 year. Then all of a sudden I parked my car in 102 Degree heat in the sun. Came back and the crack extended nearly 80% vertically from bottom to top. So my question is: (1) How much for the cost of a replacement Windshield and where is the best place to get it from? (2) What should I expect for a Labor estimate in Los Angeles. (3) Any tips I can give the installer on how to best do the work properly and correctly?

Stonep185

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My replacement cost a little over $900 on my '96gts. Best advice is to have 2 people to install. I helped my guy install and it made it easy. Also have the cowl off for them when they arrive. Ask around and find someone familiar with viper installs.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a quote from Safelite a few weeks ago for 425 installed on a 99 GTS. Safelite seems to have the best reputation for this. Do a search, lots of posts on this

dtvtech

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just had my windshield replaced about a month ago. I had a local guy do it he charged me 330$. The work was fine the windshield was an aftermarket. The problem is there are slight distortions in the curves of the windshield. I would suggest that BEFORE they take out your old windshield you sit and look through the new one. At first the distortions really bothered me now I can live with it, but if I'd of known they would be there I'd of held out for FACTORY glass!

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even factory glass can sometimes have distortions. The only sure fire way to avoid them is to inspect the glass before it's installed.

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for my 97 gts including taxes the total was 907, cept it took a month to get the shield

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I do auto glass. I can give you guys the cost on friday when we open if you would like. Lets you know the real #'s

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just over 600 for the shield, vpa has them as well, plus a couple hrs labour,1685 is way too high, plus I live in Canada where the viper tax is HHHUUUUGGGGEEE on parts

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to let you guys know the price I pay for the glass is $152. Big mark up.

Viper Club HQ

Viper Club of America Business Office
VCA Member
Reaction score
You might want to contact someone from the VCA SoCal group for a referral on windshields in your area.
http://socalviper.com/

Great VCA region and active all year long with your weather out in SoCal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang