2000ACR

ACRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the procress of negotiating on a 2000 Steel gray silver stripe ACR

I had a 2000 GTS prior to this so I am not new to Vipers, but would like to know what I should look for with and ACR.

Any known proplems. Supposedly the car was never raced or tracked, since I track a car I currently have, I would know what to look for there.

The car has 9500 miles is $57500 a good price? It does have AC and the radio

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds too cheap to me, but I'm trying to single handedly inflate the prices of Vipers, so I might not be the one to ask. ;)

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 00' ACR. Runs great. This is the last of its kind where only driver decides where the car heads. I wanted a car without ABS. I know that it is a big minus for a lot of folks.

Check the following thing:
- Weather strips
- Springs. They are adjustable. Check that the little hex screw is not rusted. If rusted you will not be able to lower or lift the car.
- Breaks. If rotors have deep marks then the car was likely heavily raced. Check also the color of the break fluid. It should not be black or gray.

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check to see if it is a 2000.4 car with the Koni shocks. they are more desirable than the non-koni ACR's. Also check to see how early of a build ot avoid the oil burning tha t some of the early 2000 motors had due to cylender sleave issue.

Last check out how many of that color combination where made. I think that is a ultra rare color combo.

MAKE SURE YOU GET a WARRENTY!!! My motor is now having to be replaced due to the harmonic balancer coming off. If I had not purchased the extended warrenty the $20k would be coming out of my pocket!