2001 GTS - Is this a problem?

Fbomb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys! I’m in the process of getting a 2001 gts. I was looking under it at the dealership while it was up on the lift and I noticed a crack in the sealant between the frame and what appears to be the floor board by the bell housing on the passenger side. Picture attached. Is this something to be worried about? I’m planning to talk to the viper tech when he’s back on Monday. The car has 25k miles and is pretty clean. There’s a minor damage noted on the carfax. I’ve seen pictures of it. The passenger side rocker was dented up and there were some dings to the door and rear quarter by the door. Previous owner says an old lady ran into him. Thank you all for your help!

You must be registered for see images attach

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea and am almost afraid to comment, but if you have seen the exterior damage photos and they don’t seem to have anything to do with this then this is from something else, a different accident of some sort. It’s hard to make sense of your photo of just that area, but you are super smart to inquire about it and have a Viper Tech advise you on it! May also be useful to have someone from their body shop put eyes on it for you. Hopefully it’s nothing to write home about, but again kudos to you for your due diligence.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a body shop look at it and a Viper tech, could be just cosmetic or much worse, don't believe anything the dealer tells you they are all crooks. Especially Dodge dealers.