2001 RT/10 - Split in Door Panel - Pictures

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to pass on an experience I recently had regarding the integrity of the interior of my 2001 RT/10. Don't get me wrong, the car's been great so far. I did however notice a long "split" inside the drivers door panel. I took three shots of the area and although not serious, you'd have to admit this shouldn't happen to a car that's 8 months old. Good news was I took it down to Pompano Beach Dodge and Service Manager there immediately ordered a new panel for me, no charge. The tech, super nice guy named Tim, also agreed this was a warranty issue. He said jokingly, "hey, what do ya expect these things to last forever?" If you look closely at the third picture you may notice a seam where the split will eventually continue even further. Although no one has told me definitively, this appears to be a fault in the (amalga)hide. (sp) Anyone else have this happen? And if so......so soon after being newly purchased?

You must be registered for see images

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost looks like the mold was too tight, thin or something and just split. Maybe it got pierced somehow?

I've always thought that the door handle would be an area that would crack or tear pretty easy (lining seems thin) plus that's where passengers would likely hold onto after thier hand slipped off the main SHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIII....... handle.

Glad to hear you got it handled properly.

Craig

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte