2002 GTS FE not Final Edition???????

DviperX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I read the post about the new coupe possibly coming out. If thats the case then I am selling my GTS FE! I bought it because I thought it was the last coupe so now I feel ripped off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
As a sidebar, who owns the final Final Edition - the last one that rolled off the line?

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge will say the 360 Red/White 2002 Final Edition GTS Vipers are the last of the GTS model coupes (second generation). It is inevitable that they will build more coupes (Competition Coupe for example). At least we obtained unique cars with only the extra cost of the red/white stripe paint.

I plan to keep my GTS Final Edition with it's distinctive styling, but others will choose to upgrade for new features in the SRT-10.

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UNRATLD - Where is the last Final Edition GTS Viper? No one knows (except Dodge)!

Final Edition sequence numbers were randomly assigned. The highest VIN was seen in Boulder, CO, but the cars were not built in VIN order. The #360 car was rolled out and auctioned as the last car, but appears to be built weeks prior.

Best evidence of the build sequence is obtained by comparing MDH (MonthDayHour) for the cars. This is one of the goals of the Final Edition Viper Registry. If you know anyone with a Final Edition Viper, encourage them to register at www.FEViper.com. Thanks.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TriJim, I was chatting to a guy on the scenic tour at VOI, he brought 2 of the yellow VCA vipers and also has a final edition, he shouldnt be to hard to track down if he's not on your list

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the last one being auctioned. I remember seeing it in a paper. Was pretty interesting. Also VERY interesting was the sale price, over $100,000.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final Editions ****. Hurry and sell it right now for whatever you can get. $35,000 might be a little high, but I'll pay that right now to help you out. No need to thank me.

BTW, I have #253 and you will hate yourself in the morning if you sell for any amount. It's still the best of the coupes and everyone loves the Coupes.

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$121,000 -- FE 360 was donated by Dodge to Northwood University in Midland, MI who auctioned it at a black-tie fund-raising event.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it wasn't stupid because some newbies much like myself learned something interesting about the FE Viper.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last one was bought at an auction in Michigan by a formwe DC executive.

Yes it was auctioned for a local universities scholarship fund. It was the last Gen II FE off the line as well (truely the last FE), and bought by a former Chrysler Executive.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a stupid post!
Easy big fella, I, for one, find it a little interesting. That is what this forum is for, the sharing of information. He is Just some newbie to this forum trying to gain a little knowledge about the Vipers, that is it. :D

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a stupid post!
Easy big fella, I, for one, find it a little interesting. That is what this forum is for, the sharing of information. He is Just some newbie to this forum trying to gain a little knowledge about the Vipers, that is it. :D

No it's not, it's some goob ******** about his car not being the final coupe. Did you think they would never make another one??? It was the final GenII coupe. Oh well, can I get you a tissue?