2003 Viper Questions for in-person viewers

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a few questions for those of you who have seen the 2003 in person:

1. Does it have side exhausts like the first vipers? (And isn't that still an export problem?)

2. Is the rear window glass? Does it have a rear defroster? (My gf's s2000 is great, but the plastic window w/ no rear defroster can be a problem, so I hope the viper avoids this...)

3. Is it a power or manual top? (I believe I read it was manual, but can't recall?)

And a couple of less important questions
You must be registered for see images

4. Any cupholders?

5. Dead pedal?

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! BTW, did you notice anything else interesting? (Not to start in with the looks...)

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noticed plenty. Got to talk to over a dozen of the Team Viper members who were present for the intro. Unfortunately, we were asked to keep our lips sealed. The plan is to release the specs and info over the next year. They want to build the anticipation, rather than shout it all out at once and then just wait.

We were also allowed to view it in various stages of development. That was the highlight. Really allowed us to see why this will be so special. The reason they allow me to see these normally secret levels of completion, is that the Team knows that "Ferguson really has no clue as to what any of this is anyway".

It sounds GREAT. It has addressed the issues that owners have requested be changes. And it will kick major butt. That is all I needed to know! It should make for a great year.