2004 Kansas City Dyno Results! (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, rather than post a zillion graphs like I have done in years past, I am just going to give you the numbers this time around along with a few highlights. Been a VERY hectic weekend and have to get on a plane in a few hours. Here are the results as posted at our hosts, MC Racing:

You must be registered for see images

A few of the highlights include our class winners, beginning with a 2001 RT/10 belonging to Dennis in the "Bone Stock" division (yep, yellow is faster) with 423.8 rwhp and 472.6 rwtq:

Next up we had our bolt-on winner with Bill's 1999 GTS, which made a whopping 463.8 rwhp and 504.4 rwtq with headers, full exhaust, and throttle bodies:

Our SRT-10 winner was Allen who brought up his beautiful red SRT-10 all the way from Springfield. He knocked out 452.9 rwhp and 495.0 rwtq with the new K&N intake and filters:

Once again, the King of the Dyno was a Gen I brought to us by Doug Levin Motorsports and owned by Gary Lister. This stunning RT/10 put down an incredible 797.7 rwhp and 779.5 rwtq:

A couple other notables include the only Roe Supercharger currently in the club, Marcus' 2001 GTS, which gave up 551.0 rwhp and 571.6 rwtq:

And one that kept a LOT of people at the dyno even after it started raining a bit: A 2004 SRT-10 Ram brought by Gary for all to enjoy. This black beauty really put up some great numbers, with 437.9 rwhp and 467.9 rwtq:

All in all an awesome day at the dyno. We want to extend special thanks to MC Racing, Doug Levin Motorsports, and Roe Racing for really making this a fantastic day for the Kansas City VCA!

Chris

PS. Before anybody asks, the lone Ford in the lineup was a new Harley-Davidson truck with the factory supercharger. No match for the SRT-10 Ram!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great stuff! I wish I could have joined you guys -- need to dyno my K&Ns on Liz's DC performance SRT.

Also, interesting to note that the Ram SRT puts out almost the same power as the Viper despite much larger (heavier) rear tires.

Reaction score
Nice numbers. It's been sort of known that most stock 450 HP Gen 2s run in the 395-405 range and that coincides with a typical 12% drive train loss. That would indicate that your bone stock winner is putting out 480, not 450 ponies at the engine.

For discussion purposes let's compare your dyno results chart to dyno results at a California Dyno Day. This was a brand new Dynojet unit at West Coast Viper, on a cool December day.

No flame intended, but the variability of published Dyno results around the country is interesting. Perhaps they send the higher powered cars out to Kansas, because you can compare the charts and see most of your HP numbers are on the higher side for very similar cars. Same goes for torque.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc