2005 interior door lock switches not working??

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anybody know what to look for when the interior door lock buttons no longer function?
(bare in mind my fan control is also now not working)

could it all be fuse related?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be a dumb answer for you, but, are you checking the handle after you hit the switch? the locks make no sound at all when locking or un-locking. I thought mine were not working at first because I heard no sound.

OP
OP
T

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This might be a dumb answer for you, but, are you checking the handle after you hit the switch? the locks make no sound at all when locking or un-locking. I thought mine were not working at first because I heard no sound.

i stand corrected :)

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lol, if you have a gen 3, you will get a little "door unlocked" status on your gauge cluster. It dissapers when the doors are locked.

OP
OP
T

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
are there supposed to be little illuminated lights in the switches on the doors?

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally broke down and read the manual to learn about the Viper locks. The viper's locks are what they refer to as virtual locks. That means that when they are "locked", that only means that the outside handle has been disabled. The message on the dash will tell you when they are unlocked.

What really confused me was the 18mph rolling lock. Once the car gets to 18mph, the doors lock - meaning that the outside handles become disabled. And they don't unlock when you park the car, like most other cars do. So it's easy to lock yourself out of the car.

~Jay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery