2005 Yellow SRT-10 deal to good to be true?

andy82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

until last week when I sat in a blue 2006 SRT-10 convertable I was a vette guy, so forgive my stupid questions. It is now a couple of days and I looked at quite a few Vipers.....

Today I found a yellow 2005 SRT-10 convertible at a local dealer with, believe it or not, just 600 miles on the odometer. The car has been used and was certainly driven through dust and rain (I know, I know, these cars are meant to be driven :rolleyes: ). Regardless, the dealer told me to take it home for 62K and I'm certencly intrigued.

My quesion: Is this a good deal or too good to be true with an MSRP of 81K? Any suggestions what I should look at to not get a lemmon? :confused:

Also I noticed that within one year 2005/2006 Dodge changed the way the hood opens, although the rest of the body seems almost alike?

Thanks a bunch,

Andy

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$62K for an '06 with 600 miles is a smoking good deal. It should still have full warrantee, so even if it did have a problem, you're protected.

Take it for a test ride. If it seems solid, snap it up and enjoy.

OP
OP
A

andy82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, the 62K deal is an '05 - still OK? Any known issues with that model year?

Andy

outnumbered

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$62K for an '06 with 600 miles is a smoking good deal. It should still have full warrantee, so even if it did have a problem, you're protected.

Take it for a test ride. If it seems solid, snap it up and enjoy.
I agree. Maybe run a cafax on it. it seams like 04's with 5k on the clock are in the mid 50's. It sounds pretty good to me. :2tu:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also I noticed that within one year 2005/2006 Dodge changed the way the hood opens, although the rest of the body seems almost alike?

Thanks a bunch,

Andy

Sounds like a reasonable deal to me, not sure I know what you mean about the hood opening different from 05 to 06?

SRTTOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A dealer in West Plam Beach has an 05, never titled, with 300 miles on it and he wants $69.9K and a friend has tried to buy it for $65K and the dealer is holding firm. $62K is a good price. Go for it!!

flexcalibur

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a yellow 05 with 400 miles I'll let go for 65. I took delivery of it in March with 19 miles from Bill P.. It is in the garage under a cover all the tim, which is why I'm selling it. I just don't have the time to enjoy it right now. [image]
You must be registered for see images attach
[/image]

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
make sure it isnt a DC buyback, the car with the same description just ran about 2 weeks ago at the DC auction in florida

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andy, what area are you in. There was a Yellow 05 for mid 60's in Bay Area, but rumor was it was in a minor accident during demo, had about 400 miles at the time and was still being sold as new. Just check it out.
Otherwise thats a good deal, and priced about right for the market right now.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a yellow 05 with 400 miles I'll let go for 65. I took delivery of it in March with 19 miles from Bill P.. It is in the garage under a cover all the tim, which is why I'm selling it. I just don't have the time to enjoy it right now. [image]
You must be registered for see images attach
[/image]

Damn, Nice house flex...
Good luck selling the car..

flexcalibur

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn, Nice house flex...
Good luck selling the car..

[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

I probably shouldn't have posted that I was trying to sell it here. I didn't realize at the time I posted that there was a fee for the classifieds. I wasn't trying to circumvent they system.

I'm not a very motivated seller, but it is just sitting there, so if somebody wants it they can have it.