2008 Aero Vert value

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking at a 2008 Aero Vert that is brand new and never titled at a dealer. The window on the car is $99335, is 82k too much to pay?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All depends. The aero cars pull a little higher price due to the fact there were so little of them made. Also consider that one was never titled. Make them an offer and see if they take it.

OP
OP
C

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All depends. The aero cars pull a little higher price due to the fact there were so little of them made. Also consider that one was never titled. Make them an offer and see if they take it.

I offered 75 then 78 and he said he needed 82 and is still taking a hit. I know that net on the car was around 88.5 and he has been sitting on it since August of 2008 so his floor plan must be killing him. The car is an orange vert with H-spokes, navi, aero, bezel and here is the kicker, natural tan leather. I've seen a few cars out there with that gut including a few VVO cars. He claims this is the only car equipped this way from the factory with these options and I believe him. I'm not totally digging the tan but I can live with it and if not then Jon @ Parts Rack said he can help me out with some black panels out of a wreck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I offered 75 then 78 and he said he needed 82 and is still taking a hit. I know that net on the car was around 88.5 and he has been sitting on it since August of 2008 so his floor plan must be killing him. The car is an orange vert with H-spokes, navi, aero, bezel and here is the kicker, natural tan leather. I've seen a few cars out there with that gut including a few VVO cars. He claims this is the only car equipped this way from the factory with these options and I believe him. I'm not totally digging the tan but I can live with it and if not then Jon @ Parts Rack said he can help me out with some black panels out of a wreck!

For pete's sake, its a 2008, not a 2009, its almost 2-model years old, in the high 70's for sure, tell him thanks, but no thanks, you've decided to look for a better deal on a new 2009 or maybe wait for the 2010's as you want a better color combination for anywhere near his prices and watch him crawl back and take your deal.

OP
OP
C

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have looked for a 09 aero vert with no luck! BTW, I wanted VVO, the interior is the only uncertainty but I can live with it! New 09's this well equipped would be around 90k so 80ish seems okay, maybe a tad high but don't forget it also comes with 0% financing.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you've done alot of research. Not too many aero verts were built, fewer still in orange. A viper this unique can't be comparison shopped, you can't find another. As you said you can get 0% which is easily worth a 3-4K discount. This is the viper you want , go buy it for $82.

OP
OP
C

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you've done alot of research. Not too many aero verts were built, fewer still in orange. A viper this unique can't be comparison shopped, you can't find another. As you said you can get 0% which is easily worth a 3-4K discount. This is the viper you want , go buy it for $82.

You are right, they are very few for sure! I truly believe that 78-80 is the right number but hey, everyone has to make a living. Besides at 0% the per $1000 difference per month @ 48 months is about $22, I can live with paying an extra $45 to $90 a month. I am in the auto business and strongly believe that everyone is entitiled to make a buck, reasonably speaking of course. Thanks for your positive input redtanrt10!!:2tu:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would believe him about the rarity. Although there is no way for him to be sure that I know of. Only 65 orange convertibles were built.
Only 3 monotone orange with aero. I aero with white stripes and 1 with black stripes, so 5 total and you are one of 3 if it's a no stripe car. And the odds of having all those options no doubt make it 1 of 1. And that interior is beautiful on the orange car. And you are not going to find a violet convertible, only 11 were built and only one was an aero, he's a regular board member here.
I would grab this if I were you.

OP
OP
C

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would believe him about the rarity. Although there is no way for him to be sure that I know of. Only 65 orange convertibles were built.
Only 3 monotone orange with aero. I aero with white stripes and 1 with black stripes, so 5 total and you are one of 3 if it's a no stripe car. And the odds of having all those options no doubt make it 1 of 1. And that interior is beautiful on the orange car. And you are not going to find a violet convertible, only 11 were built and only one was an aero, he's a regular board member here.
I would grab this if I were you.

That is great info, thank you Lee! You also must have seen this interior on a VVO car to say it is beautiful, that was the one thing that worried me. And as you said the car has everything except stripes and I like the monotone better anyway on a vert! Thank you for the positive reinforcement.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
there is a graphite aero (no strpies) all other options ( red int.) in my area that is stunning...i got the impression 85-88 would get it done.

OP
OP
C

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a graphite aero (no strpies) all other options ( red int.) in my area that is stunning...i got the impression 85-88 would get it done.

Where is that car ledfoot, it seems as if aother dealer is buying the VVO car for a customer, what bad timing for me!!:omg: Not dead yet but it seems that way. Supposedly the buyer is paying around 90k for the car but who knows what to believe, I would never pay that for a 2008, now that's way too much!!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that dealer is probably jacking with u on (its sold) bs. he is rolling the dice and trying to scare you that now you will lose it and he hopes now you will bother the hell out of him- dissappear and he will call you in a week or so,then you will be in the drivers seat.or then again the whole story could be true:omg::dunno:

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car will be worth 60's the second you buy it...there's no way it will ever be worth 80's. If you want it because you absolutely have to have an 08 Aero VVO Vert, go buy it, but know you'll be 20k under what you paid the instant you sign off on it. I bet the car will sit there for a very long time at his asking price, or even @82k. It's not like they're selling like hotcakes. I have an 08 VVO vert that I bought with 395 miles on the clock, that had never seen rain, holds a world record for the fastest Viper bone stock production quarter ever and was/is pristine - and I paid 60's. Even at that, it'd be a tough to no-sell today in the 60's. Demand today is very low for these cars, which is why that 08's still sitting there after almost 2 years.

dans69ss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen to that. On the flip-side, I'm looking for a '08 SSG Green coupe or ACR that hasn't been tracked. Any leads are greatly appreciated. Timing was bad or I would have purchased Jamie Furman's ACR.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car will be worth 60's the second you buy it...there's no way it will ever be worth 80's. If you want it because you absolutely have to have an 08 Aero VVO Vert, go buy it, but know you'll be 20k under what you paid the instant you sign off on it. I bet the car will sit there for a very long time at his asking price, or even @82k. It's not like they're selling like hotcakes. I have an 08 VVO vert that I bought with 395 miles on the clock, that had never seen rain, holds a world record for the fastest Viper bone stock production quarter ever and was/is pristine - and I paid 60's. Even at that, it'd be a tough to no-sell today in the 60's. Demand today is very low for these cars, which is why that 08's still sitting there after almost 2 years.

Could not be said better. With this economy, no one is rushing to buy cars like this. Just look at the main Viper dealers. They have PLENTY of inventory and little is moving. It is not only Vipers, but all toys (ie Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Viper, Z06, etc.). These cars are for fun for the most part and the only people that are purchasing have the means and really want them. Heck, many people can not even get financing today. It is a nightmare! But if you have the extra cash, today is one great day to buy! A dealer says no to your offer, you can go to ten others, especially small ones because they do not want to have a Viper sit on their floor plan for months and continue to pay on it.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen to that. On the flip-side, I'm looking for a '08 SSG Green coupe or ACR that hasn't been tracked. Any leads are greatly appreciated. Timing was bad or I would have purchased Jamie Furman's ACR.

There's one for sale in the Classifieds:drive:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Site sponser Buhler has a new loaded 09 Vert (white ,blue strip )that i believe can be had for a better price than those listed ,call Darren (732)544-5515.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car but looking for a coupe :)

Not mine- Bill's(Flash1034) SSG coupe. He is located out here in SoCal as well.

I just looked for it and it's gone:dunno: Sorry, I guess you're too late. Or, maybe he just took it off the site?? If you are interested drop me a PM and I'll call him directly.