2008 Blue/White Coupe hits the Street

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Santa Claus was here on Thursday night! Many thanks to John Gastman from Roanoke Motors!

100_1108.JPG

100_1117.JPG

100_1128.JPG

100_1183.JPG

100_1184.JPG

Major thanks to my fellow Motor City member Steve 00RT/10 for help in posting these pics.

Bill

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill --

Thanks for posting the pics of your beauty. Other members may also be interested in seeing pics of the blue/black interior.

/Rich

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder why they changed the width of the stripes?
**Edit** I guess they work better with the new hood.

Not that it matters, both cars are beauty's!:2tu:

OP
OP
S

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of these interior shots were taken without a flash, and capture the real color better than some of the pics taken in the various dealer showrooms. I'm very pleased with the look.

100_1177.JPG

100_1178.JPG

100_1179.JPG

100_1180.JPG

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smog Dog,

Your '08 looks great!!! I can hardly wait for you to post some of your driving impressions of having 600hp on tap.

Regards,
Aaron

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix does the factory stripes. How did you get them to paint white stripes on yours? White is not supposed to be done on a GTS Blue coupe according to the factory.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's a beauty Bill! I remember being at your house in early May when the call came from John G. confirming the order. Careful breakin' that thing in with the cold weather :2tu:

Steve

OP
OP
S

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix does the factory stripes. How did you get them to paint white stripes on yours? White is not supposed to be done on a GTS Blue coupe according to the factory.

My window sticker says the car is a solid color GTS Blue. It has no stripes. After you buy the car, you can do what you want to. Woodhouse and others will be adding stripes, too. Being a Motor City member, Prefix was convenient, and they know how to do it.

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. I tried to order a Blu/White but they wouldn't let me, etc,etc... I was going to add them on later as you did, but decided on black stripes unstead. You were really lucky to get Prefix to do them. They look fantastic! I am jealous!!!!!!

OP
OP
S

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smog Dog,

Your '08 looks great!!! I can hardly wait for you to post some of your driving impressions of having 600hp on tap.

Regards,
Aaron

Thanks, Aaron. It was cloudy but dry yesterday, and I put around 100 miles on the car. I intend to do some more driving this afternoon. One of the things others have mentioned is the improvement in the shifter. It is huge. There is a lot more spring pressure positioning the lever in the 3-4 gate. I think the days of worrying about missed shifts are over. The car sounds great. It's louder at idle than the Gen 3. Cabin is a lot cooler---you actually have to use the heater in 45 degree weather. Car is still plenty quiet in 5th and 6th, so you can talk or listen to music if you choose. The UPS sound is definitely gone, and the exhaust does not pop much on deceleration. There is a totally different sound at higher RPM than the 8.3 liter engine. Clutch and accelerator are different, but you forget the Gen 3 feel quickly.The car has no tendency to **** and buck at very low RPM. As you know, you always had to be ready with the clutch as you took corners in residential or congested areas. Herb Helbig said this is a direct result of the new VENOM controller. I am really lovin' this car! SRT did a great job.:2tu:

Bill

OP
OP
S

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. I tried to order a Blu/White but they wouldn't let me, etc,etc... I was going to add them on later as you did, but decided on black stripes unstead. You were really lucky to get Prefix to do them. They look fantastic! I am jealous!!!!!!

I saw a GTS Blue Coupe with the black stripes at Prefix on Dec 8th, before we went to the Motor City Christmas party. Don't be too jealous---it looked great! There won't be too many of them, and as you know, most people can't tell a 96-97 GTS from an 06 FE Coupe. People were always asking me what year my 06 was, and were always surprised it was so new.I thought the black stripes looked nice from the back, too, because of the way they blend with the rear diffuser. Thanks for your compliment, and I know you will love your 08.:2tu:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of these interior shots were taken without a flash, and capture the real color better than some of the pics taken in the various dealer showrooms. I'm very pleased with the look.

Thanks for doing that. Now I can see that it's the flash that makes the blue interior accent color look pale and plastic in the pictures that I've seen before. The real deeper blue color shown in your pictures is a nice, stylish accent for the Viper blue paint, and looks great. :D

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill - That is rockin! One of the best color combos especially on a coupe! The interior also looks fantastic. Keep us posted on your driving experiences. You can really notice the difference in the nostril size when sitting beside your 06.

2snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My window sticker says the car is a solid color GTS Blue. It has no stripes. After you buy the car, you can do what you want to. Woodhouse and others will be adding stripes, too. Being a Motor City member, Prefix was convenient, and they know how to do it.

I heard that woodhouse does a beautiful job on there stripes, That they run straight thru the license plate area.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, Aaron. It was cloudy but dry yesterday, and I put around 100 miles on the car. I intend to do some more driving this afternoon. One of the things others have mentioned is the improvement in the shifter. It is huge. There is a lot more spring pressure positioning the lever in the 3-4 gate. I think the days of worrying about missed shifts are over. The car sounds great. It's louder at idle than the Gen 3. Cabin is a lot cooler---you actually have to use the heater in 45 degree weather. Car is still plenty quiet in 5th and 6th, so you can talk or listen to music if you choose. The UPS sound is definitely gone, and the exhaust does not pop much on deceleration. There is a totally different sound at higher RPM than the 8.3 liter engine. Clutch and accelerator are different, but you forget the Gen 3 feel quickly.The car has no tendency to **** and buck at very low RPM. As you know, you always had to be ready with the clutch as you took corners in residential or congested areas. Herb Helbig said this is a direct result of the new VENOM controller. I am really lovin' this car! SRT did a great job.:2tu:

Bill

congrats!
are the gas and brake pedals still set up so that its conducive to heel and toe shifting?
i imagine that hasnt changed, but just thought id ask....
also, do u notice a huge difference between the 06 and the 08?
thanks much

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks awesome! Enjoy and Best of luck. Please send us some times if you track it with some feed back on how if performs. I thought the times in the VIR showdown with the 08 Viper and 08 Z06 was a little hokie since I was 8 seconds faster the next weekend in my 06 Coupe. And they were professional drivers.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My favorite color combo. Mine is the other way around, white with blue stripes (05 Comm. Edition), but the colors are the same. Very nice!!!! Congratulations!

OP
OP
S

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats!
are the gas and brake pedals still set up so that its conducive to heel and toe shifting?
i imagine that hasnt changed, but just thought id ask....
also, do u notice a huge difference between the 06 and the 08?
thanks much

The pedals are the same. As you know, other than the hood and interior and exterior colors, the cars look the same. But the car feels a lot different to drive. I don't feel I wasted my money when I traded my 06 for the 08. No regrets at all. SRT made a lot of improvements mechanically and it is obvious when you drive the car.:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte