VCA Officer
Reaction score
Did anyone see this yet?

08ViperSRT10Tech_1.jpg

08ViperSRT10Tech_2.jpg

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to see the CD is so crappy, and that we have NO WEIGHT SAVINGS going on over the current model :(

But I still love the HP increase and the TQ increase. Lets get these bad boys on the street.

Jon

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly does the " *all dimensions measured with 2 passengers" mean?

Does the weight listed include 2 people??

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting point - if you figure two 150 lb passengers are included in the weight listed that would put the car at 3150 lbs. That's lighter than the current car, ain't it?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Only thing that looks incorrect to me is Fuel Tank Capacity... 16 Gal...? uh, the current SRT is 18.5 is memory serves me, and there is no reason that would have put in a SMALLER tank, in the same chassis.

Red Coachwhip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting point - if you figure two 150 lb passengers are included in the weight listed that would put the car at 3150 lbs. That's lighter than the current car, ain't it?

I guess (and hope) as it's the only dimension, besides weight distribution, that can be "measured with two passengers".

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL you're kidding right?

Nope.. because you are thinking I mean CD PLAYER, and I am talking CD, coefficient of Drag. I had a 1977 porsche 924 that had a better CD then this 30 years newer vechicle. Thats kinda sad.

I think people are reading too much into the weight thing, as those numbers they are quoting for weight, are the exact same as the current cars with no passengers. I think people are reading into it way to much to assume those very same numbers (identical) now include 2 passengers. Sorry, looks like we got the engine upgrade, but no additional work on "adding lightness"

I still think the car is going to be awesome, and if I didnt own a 06 (which looks almost identical, plus I have a paxton on it), I def. would have bought one. But I think the 09 or 10 (which ever year its going to be completely reworked) might be a better choice for me.

Jon

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Specs sound good to me. A few hundred pounds less would have been nice but really....who cares. 95% of Viper owners can't handle a yugo at it's limit so all these specs are for poser bragging rights anyway.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope.. because you are thinking I mean CD PLAYER, and I am talking CD, coefficient of Drag. I had a 1977 porsche 924 that had a better CD then this 30 years newer vechicle. Thats kinda sad.

Whew. I'm glad I didn't elaborate. I was ready to go off on a we-don't-need-no-stinking-CD (stereo) diatribe.

As for the Cd, is that really that big of deal when the power and performance clearly overshadows any Cd limitations? Besides, it isn't fair to compare it to a Porsche, it takes a lot of body to cover a big V10.

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only thing that looks incorrect to me is Fuel Tank Capacity... 16 Gal...? uh, the current SRT is 18.5 is memory serves me, and there is no reason that would have put in a SMALLER tank, in the same chassis.

Yep, I noticed that too. It says 16 gal (70L). However, 16 US Gal is NOT 70 metric liters.

It appears 70 liters is correct. The "16" figure is obviously wrong...

70L=18.5 US Gallons
70L=15.4 UK Gallons

Peter

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whew. I'm glad I didn't elaborate. I was ready to go off on a we-don't-need-no-stinking-CD (stereo) diatribe.

As for the Cd, is that really that big of deal when the power and performance clearly overshadows any Cd limitations? Besides, it isn't fair to compare it to a Porsche, it takes a lot of body to cover a big V10.

Chuck.. Chuck .. Chuck.. a road racer such as yourself should surely understand that reduced friction in anthing other then braking is a good thing. The lower CD, the less hp/tq is wasted fighting the air in your attempt to accelerate and reach higher speeds.

Sorry, indeally I want all three things: Highest HP/TQ reasonable/usable, Lightest weight reasonable/safe, and least about amount of friction possible (in CD and power robbing components). :omg:

Oh, and I like CD players and DVD Navi players in my vipers too, but we wont talk about that ;-) :lmao:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you Jon, Cd is important I just don't think it is as big of deal as some folks make it out to be.

Cd is more important at higher speeds and since track speed averages are around the 100 mph mark I'm willing to sacrifice a little Cd for some style if the performance makes up for it. I'm a poser at heart y'know.

JMO

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you Jon, Cd is important I just don't think it is as big of deal as some folks make it out to be.

Cd is more important at higher speeds and since track speed averages are around the 100 mph mark I'm willing to sacrifice a little Cd for some style if the performance makes up for it. I'm a poser at heart y'know.

JMO

I think its a travesty. How dare DC make a high CD car where I have to feel slighted when I am driving at 180MPH on the highway. The nerve.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am willing to sacrifice a small amount of aerodynamic characteristics for better styling. If we let the windtunnel design all cars, they would be way too similar in appearence and finding your car in a parking lot would be near impossible.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol. Just as Chuck doesnt dissagree with me, I dont dissagree with him either. Style is important, I think its part of the Viper equation. However, I still think with a hot style you could still pull off a better CD then .40. But if I had to chose I'd take styling first... but if I could have eutopia, it would have low CD and great styling.

oh, and a DVD navi system and Cd player ;-)

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW The Hummer H2 has a .57 CD and it is a brick.

The 2004 Dodge Durango had a .39 CD.

We can only get a .40?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW The Hummer H2 has a .57 CD and it is a brick.

The 2004 Dodge Durango had a .39 CD.

We can only get a .40?

Zackly my point... I am willing to give up some CD for style, but come on, the ferrari and enzo have style in SPADES and they have a lower CD. And lord knows a lot of people think the gts was the sexest Viper of all and it was .35 (so stated by another, not verified by me). So I mean, lets be real.. they could get the CD down a bit.. but hey its the american way, just throw more power to it :)

Jon

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456