2009 ACR at Maple Grove today

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i only got 3 runs... place was way too crowded with racers.. and it wasn't nearly as warm as i was expecting so after sitting for 2 hours my quick burnout didn't warm up the sport cups.... first run was 2.135 60' with 11.954ET @ 125.32 (banging 3rd gear rev limiter)... second run about the same but a 12.055 @125.54.... best run of the 3 was my last which was [email protected] did get a 2.017 60' on the last run.... my 2nd to 3rd shift was not super smooth.... so with some more runs there is probably an 11.7 in there at 125 but with as cold as it was and the long waits between runs i was happy to be in the 11's.

OP
OP
M

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
all stock... besides the launch i think the weather was good for drag racing... o well... at least i got 11's.. :)

OP
OP
M

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow that's a high mph for a stock ACR

ya i was watching guys with drag cars that were on slicks and they were running in the 10's at same trap speed.... i just let it bang into the rev limiter in 3rd across the line.... the3rd run i didn't quite get there....

OP
OP
M

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what RPM did you come out at ?

i am not sure but nothing higher than maybe 2k.... i couldn't put my foot into it fully in 1st gear though without spinning then more spinning into 2nd.... i definately think with better launching, pefect shifting that a 11.5 is possible.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now you have a starting point! You'll get better the more you go.

You definitely need to get the 60' down. One thing I've seen with the Vette groups is the effects of fresh clutch fluid on your 60'. Flush your clutch fluid before going back. Lex and the crew do a good job @ Maple Grove. The cars there are a bit slow through the staging lane.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vettes always have to put in fresh clutch fluid on a regular basis.... it's an issue with the cars, C5's and C6's. Their fluid turns solid black within a few weeks or so of regular driving. It's a poor factory design unfortunately... That's why they talk about fresh clutch fluid. Vipers really don't have to worry about that thank goodness!!! Good runs and MPH!