2009 Performance Driving

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who out there is chomping at that the bit for the 2009 Performance Driving Season?:drive:

If you are one of those people, what events do you plan to attend? What are you looking forward towards most?

Anyone out there with a new viper or a "new to them viper" thinking about about trying an autocross? or maybe a road course event. Let us know. If you are unsure, I can fill you in on what you can expect, and how much fun you can have. :2tu:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D OHHHH YEA!!!!! Weather is getting warm! I have a track opening up locally im a member of and cann't wait to get out there! I hope to hook up with the folks that took over Viperdays too up at Putnam Park.:2tu:

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my GTS at the end of last summer, so this will be my first full driving season with it. I've never raced before, but want to try it. There's a monthly autocross here in Champaign, and I went to one last year and rode with a guy who had an 08 vert. What a blast! I know what to expect as far as autocrossing, but how about road racing?

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my video I put together after the 2007 season. I watch this to get rev'd up for the season. My 2008 video is in the works.
You must be registered for see images attach

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vman455-attend a Viper Days(NARRA)roadracing event first, if you can. You will learn SO much about your car and how to properly drive it.

Angela

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"HAPPY NEW YEAR" 2009 Track Rats!

Last Sunday was PIR-Portland season opener. PIR hosted a short bicycle race, a Porsche HPDE, and Viper Pace Car charity rides all day long. I got 125 track miles giving rides! The last half of the day was moderate to heavy RAIN.

Im gonna share this: PS-2 in the Rain are a very confidence-inspiring tire. You might as well call em "HARBOR PILOTS" cause they know their way around in the wet. I was at 125-135 mph and threshold-braking on ABS into 3 turns of 12..... sure-footed as could be. Dry would have been +20mph more, but no one complained. Very Cool Rooster Tails I was told!

Be Safe and Have Fun!

JonB, Proud NARRA Sponsor

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha ha--bicycle racing on a track! Been there, done that; now I just have to get on one in a car...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21