2013 flywheel

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just get one of the chromoly's for the same price as the aluminum's? Still weighs 10lbs less and chromoly > aluminum. You also don't have to wait for a part that's not even available

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After market flywheels can develop issues with the starter. I figure OEM has been tested thoroughly enough. Do you have chromoly Matt? If so, I assume you haven't had any issues. Does it have steel gear teeth?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Matt, DC Performance carries them as well. If I'm not mistaken the Cromoly flywheel I saw at DC was one piece. I believe the photo in the link provided is actually a pic of an Aluminum Flywheel.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Matt, DC Performance carries them as well. If I'm not mistaken the Cromoly flywheel I saw at DC was one piece. I believe the photo in the link provided is actually a pic of an Aluminum Flywheel.
yeah, I don't think the pic is correct as mine doesn't look like that

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The flywheel in the photo from the link is aluminum with (steel I think) inserts for the clutch surface.

The Chromoly flywheel from DC Performance is one piece. That is the one I installed when I did my clutch.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The two issues I've read about are the teeth not be cut correctly and messing up the starter, and also read once where the ring separated from the flywheel.