2013 SRT Viper by Vivid Racing Previewed Ahead of SEMA

Ev1E9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hood, roof and liftgate are all carbon fiber. I often wonder why the dont give the option of living them un-painted. Or have them finished like the one in the pic.

I bet you it will be a future option...with a hefty price tag.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hood, roof and liftgate are all carbon fiber. I often wonder why the dont give the option of living them un-painted. Or have them finished like the one in the pic.

Because generally speaking carbon to be painted is not beautiful like carbon intended to be bare. A lot more car and work goes into creating carbon parts intended to be shown.

Take a look at Pagani, I don't remember the exact numbers but the option to be bare carbon is in the $200k+ range. Same goes for Koenigsegg. Very very expensive and cumbersome to do.

Please note I understand that Pagani and Koenigsegg are supercars and the cost to have a bare carbon fiber would not be anywhere near $200k. I'm pointing out that it's not as simple as not painting and just clear coating.

LouN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like Frankenstein's creation. Especially unpainted hood. Don't like.

LouN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, makes more sense now.
I think most of you do not understand that this is a SEMA display car, meant to show the new carbon fiber parts that Seibon produced for the Viper. The parts being painted wouldn't display the parts well. Seibon has done this each year, with different vehicles. After the show, the cars are usually returned back to stock or painted properly. This car isn't "finished" or meant to be driven around as-is. It is just a product display canvass.

You guys should at least be happy that some companies are willing to develop parts for the new Viper. Instead, you guys bash. ~shrug~

Tony

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala