2014 SRT Viper site is up.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.drivesrt.com/2014/srt-viper/

New website for the viper is up. Looks like they have some new pictures up and descriptions up.

One thing that I noticed in the "Explore Exterior" section is that theres a new color GTS-R Blue. Also when you select stripes on some of the colors there is a stripe selection that show lime green stripes on the tab but is labeled Red. No stripes go on the actual car though. I'm guessing they still need to fix some bugs on the website.

Mods can delete if this is a repost.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If SRT were smart, they'd be contacting new owners and getting feedback up on there about how they like the car (maybe not the ordering process...)

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow I just remember April 2012 and the waiting has been timeless and now it is 2014 models already!
Let's see what SRT learned from 13.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If SRT were smart, they'd be contacting new owners and getting feedback up on there about how they like the car (maybe not the ordering process...)

Agree. They may also want to contact people that canceled orders to better understand why.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So only the ones who bought count but the ones who cancelled doesn't

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately that site still has the same exterior color issue that was on the 2013 site. When you select Gunmetal Pearl, it does not appear to be Gunmetal Pearl, but a nearly black color. Compare this when you select a different color and then select Gunmetal Pearl stripes, you will see the stripes are like a dark silver / light gray, i.e., nowhere near as dark as the exterior "Gunmetal Pearl". I reported this to national officers, who allegedly were going to inform SRT, but I guess that didn't work out, maybe too busy concealing information to report such problems.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
John,

I have let SRT know about it numerous times last year and they mentioned the IT Dept. was going to work on it to make it appear a bit lighter. Seems we need to put in another request, so thanks for bringing it up.

Hemotoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately that site still has the same exterior color issue that was on the 2013 site. When you select Gunmetal Pearl, it does not appear to be Gunmetal Pearl, but a nearly black color. Compare this when you select a different color and then select Gunmetal Pearl stripes, you will see the stripes are like a dark silver / light gray, i.e., nowhere near as dark as the exterior "Gunmetal Pearl".
Having gotten a good look at both a GP and a black/GP stripes, I have to say GP is nearly black and nearly impossible to show accurately on a dinky computer screen. It's one of those shades that you really need to see in person, both indoors and in sunshine, to decide whether you want it.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having gotten a good look at both a GP and a black/GP stripes, I have to say GP is nearly black and nearly impossible to show accurately on a dinky computer screen. It's one of those shades that you really need to see in person, both indoors and in sunshine, to decide whether you want it.

Agree with this.....I've seen all the colors in person.....the gunmetal stripes almost look black, but have metal flake which the black does not.

Bill Hodel

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

I have let SRT know about it numerous times last year and they mentioned the IT Dept. was going to work on it to make it appear a bit lighter. Seems we need to put in another request, so thanks for bringing it up.

Thanks Bill, it seems it should show up as the same color as the stripes of the same name.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Check out the site color options though, when GP is selected for stripes, it is much brighter and clearly different than when GP is selected as the main body color. Something is clearly wrong on the site.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, not to be too negative, but SRT has had some major issues that did enough damage. All this time, they have had a terrible web site too. They don't even have a build your own function. It really seems like SRT doesn't care about their image.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, not to be too negative, but SRT has had some major issues that did enough damage. All this time, they have had a terrible web site too. They don't even have a build your own function. It really seems like SRT doesn't care about their image.

They care, but they just have poor leadership and incompetence under the management. If you want anyone to blame it is Ralph. He really isn't a good manager.