2015 GT prices...

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See that's the issue when you have non car guys tasked to sell such vehicles.. They don't care and don't see cars in the same light as us enthusiasts.

Non car guys is right. The sales guy kept trying to tell me about the car, assuming he knew anything of value, even after I pointed out not to bother. He pointed out the "carbon printed" plastic in the interior as some of the nice upscale touches of the redesign........ I had the overwhelming urge to say "Shhhhhh... both me and the car are embarrassed of the fake carbon bits in here, and we were doing our best to ignore them"

OP
OP
J

Jdmuscle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the hood release lock? Once I get the car I'll be taking it to work from time to time and was wondering if there is a way to secure the hood from being opened? I know only people that know this car will know where to find the latch but the thought that it's out there for anyone to grab and open makes me a bit nervous... Especially knowing that that is one damn expensive part..

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the hood release lock? Once I get the car I'll be taking it to work from time to time and was wondering if there is a way to secure the hood from being opened? I know only people that know this car will know where to find the latch but the thought that it's out there for anyone to grab and open makes me a bit nervous... Especially knowing that that is one damn expensive part..

The alarm goes off when the hood is opened, if you have to park for work in an area that you think people will open the hood, I wouldn't park there. Even if the hood had a lock, I wouldn't park there.

I've never heard of a hood lock on a viper, but I'm sure you can find someone to build one for you

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One quick question for the viper veterans.... I'd like to take the car to work from time to time... How do you guys deal with the fact that anyone that knows vipers can open the hood etc? Are there any ways to lock it etc?

To be fair, barely anyone but Viper enthusiasts know that :)

OP
OP
J

Jdmuscle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that I think that people will open it but the thought that it can be easily opened by someone when I've parked it and not around etc... It's a regular parking lot and I'll be away for 8 hours and anyone can do anything in that time frame.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Think about this for a minute , Vipers have had a hood release in the front forever, and now it is actually in a very obscure place. If someone wanted to really open the hood of most cars they have to break into the car ( assuming a car like this would be locked) and after that damage they open the hood. So it is on the outside of a Snake, pop it open when locked and as noted the alarm goes off and the car shuts down completely. No offense , but once you think about it , it might even be likely to cause less damage than busting in to open --end result is the car is going no where , regardless.

OP
OP
J

Jdmuscle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Bill... I'm not so much worried about the car getting stolen etc.. But more like assholes opening the hood and sabotaging things like putting something in the oil refill etc. I'm just thinking worse case scenarios... Even in my dually I have a lockable fuel cap... Some people out there are simply out to hurt others and shielding oneself from these types of people will be preferable.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Car locked, hood opened , the alarm goes off -- doubt they will be around to do any damage. Never really heard of anything like that in selling these for almost 20 years , so doubt it is something to honestly be concerned about.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pfft, most "viper techs" in my tristate area don't even know how to open the hood, let alone street punks. But it's an understandable concern, been in vipers since '99 and I've never heard of anything either, but the world these days, I guess nothing would surprise us anymore. Look at the vandalism on the one in the forum now, that's crazy.

I'd think if there were a way to put a locking device on it that JonB would know, he knows everything, literally. Maybe a secondary alarm with pager, I have friends who have alarms like that on their cars & bikes.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UConnect can be configured to alert you if the hood is open via text message.

Didn't know that & I have it on 2 cars, duh. Very cool. Could be the answer right there.

Although a speaking alarm that says "I've called my owner, who is approaching now with a Smith & Wesson deterrent" would be uber cool.

OP
OP
J

Jdmuscle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now we are talking.... Alarm sounding and Uconnect texting is awesome.

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you wait until the ACR or a Hellcat Variant comes out I will have my 2014 GTS white with carbon fiber stripes, red top of the line interior, limo tint black chromed wheels, SRT hood, entire carbon fiber package in and out, upgraded stereo,etc. Car is a stunner.Then again why wait so long? just get out there and fulfill your dream. Screw the price. You only live once. I was 35 healthy as an Ox and all of a sudden I had kidney failure. Now I live every daily it is my last. Rock on Viper Brother!!!!!!!!