29 Vipers 0 Bids

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Likely because they are priced way too high in this market. I noticed the same thing when I was out looking for one...and truthfully, those who believe the cars are like gold and price them as such are idiots and deserve what they get. New Vipers are on lots everywhere and aren't selling at any price, which is probably why the 2010 delivery has been delayed again until about a year from now.

No one's buying these cars - why, I don't know. Perhaps it's because Vipers have zero etiquette and are really and truly a "drivers" car. They're raw, wild, untamed and uncivilized - and maybe today that just doesn't appeal to many out there. I still get a rush when I take mine out to drive, but when I want to be comfortable and have to get in and out of the car often during the day, I leave it at home and take out my Z instead.

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also there dosent seem to be a reason for the prices some are looking for. Used and new they are all over the map some high some low.

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also there dosent seem to be a reason for the prices some are looking for. Used and new they are all over the map some high some low.

From what I understand many dealers just list cars on ebay to advertise and get calls. That's how I found mine and most deals are done ouitside of the auction site for monetary reasons...

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understand many dealers just list cars on ebay to advertise and get calls. That's how I found mine and most deals are done ouitside of the auction site for monetary reasons...

Exactly:)
I bet less than 5% of any dealer cars listed are completed on e-***..

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry OP, but every time I see "seabass" nick I chuckle to myself and think of Dumb and Dumber (The Movie)..........is that where the idea came from?

Either way thanks for the chuckle/smile! :2tu:

Tony2

Last edited:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is easily explained... There is little or no practical value with a Viper... It is a toy... Great Toy ! but nonetheless a Toy. People are cutting back in this economy and toys are first to be cut from the budget. Add to that the supply and demand factor. People are dumping these cars for cash along with lots of other very desirable cars. Also factor in that the Viper used to be one of the only options for super high performance and now there are many and the others have all of the gadgets and technology and they are more suitable for daily driving and they cost less.

What's even more revealing than Vipers with no bids are the ratio of listings to sales which is about 40 or 50 to 1 right now. As a buyer it's similar to the housing market... who wants to buy in a declining market with no end in sight. The guys who hang on for over market value will need to keep their cars until they can be sold in the antique market at which point they could be the Hemi Cudas of the future market.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree that E-bay is more of an advertising tool for sellers - particularly if a dealer is marketing the vehicle....my previous Mamba and SRT8 JGC were listed but bought outside of Ebay.....many potential buyers might also be looking for MY10s now.......winter does not help either.....

JoeCom05

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do a frequent follow up of the ebay offers finding a deal in a GenIV.
Sorry for :rolaugh: reading adds with phrases like:

"Hard to find"
"Hurry to get one"
"Rare"
"very limited"
with prices 30-40k above the market.

Do those dealers know what's going on these days?
It might be hard to accept and (not but)...
...it's true.

I visited a FL-Dodge dealer after I saw his ebay add and he asked 5k more than his already overpriced ebay auction. :lmao:

Sure they all have the potential and space to wait 20 years to sell their goodies. :2tu:

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry OP, but every time I see "seabass" nick I chuckle to myself and think of Dumb and Dumber (The Movie)..........is that where the idea came from?

Either way thanks for the chuckle/smile! :2tu:

Tony2
Tony2 - it's actually alot of things... my last name is Bassman, first name cHAD (sea), I play poker, like to fish, a fish at a poker game is the weak player, and Dumb and Dumber is a good movie (kick his a$$ seabass)...
also I like to eat seabass...
glad you like it:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang