29OUTLAW: Question for you regarding wet okole seat covers

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
29OUTLAW --

I few weeks or months ago you shared a picture of your car with the wet okole seat covers. I am contemplating ordering a set and was wondering whether the installation is fairly easy or must one remove the seats. Thanks!

/Rich

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the install was easy but I was able to do it without removing the seat.

Those covers kick butt too. It fits like a glove and is still very tight with no sagging or stretching. Very happy for only $200. You could always do better though - like for $3000.00!!!

2kvette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also purchased the Wet Okole's and not only do they look awesome in my Red SRT-10 (Black with Red inserts) but they fit like a glove! Fortunately, I live near their office in Newport Beach, CA and they installed them for me. It was free and they did it in about 15-20 minutes! You won't be disappointed!

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also - the picture I posted was from their website - not my car. Unlike that picture, I bought all black covers with no piping, no logos, etc. I had to match the passenger seat since I did not deploy the seat cover on that side. No need for a cover on my passenger side. It's never even been sat in - except by me cleaning the windshield.

2kvette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, that picture of the Red SRT with the Black/Red seat covers on their website www.wetokole.com is MY car!! Mine was the first SRT-10 that they had made covers for (at least that is what they told me that day).

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2kvette and 29OUTLAW --

Thanks for your quick responses.

2kvette --

I saw the pics of your red SRT-10 seat covers on the wet okole site. Very nice covers and car. I plan on doing the same style as yours (half-piping option). I also plan to have the word "Viper" (without the "SRT-10" script below it) on the backrests in red font. Was there a particular size you used for the font of the lettering on the backrest or did it only come in one size? Also, it appears that the wetokole covers have two slits near the top of seat for where you can pass through a racing harness/belts. Does this come standard on the SRT-10 seats or do you have to specify/custom order that? Thanks!

/Rich

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine came with the slits for harnesses without me asking. Had I known, I probably would have requested no slits. Doesn't really matter. You don't even know they're there unless you look for them.

2kvette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich, The slits and the size of the lettering was the standard. When I was at their store in Newport Beach, it appeared that the covers were made there. When you call, they may be able to change the size, font and positioning of the lettering for you. The company was very customer service oriented and they even called me at work the day they were making them just to go over the order to make sure everything was OK!! Too bad you live in Oregon because they install for free without removing the seats and very quickly! Anyway, you won't be disappointed! Everyone who sees the car just loves them and can't believe they are seat covers!

Lenny.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyway, you won't be disappointed! Everyone who sees the car just loves them and can't believe they are seat covers!

…and that they only cost $200 vs. several thousand $$. Since Wetokole makes seat covers for just about every model of car on the planet, they’re simply not in tune with Viper tax and have no idea what Viper tax even is. I also have their seat covers for my Ford Focus. They cost exactly the same as the ones for my Viper. What a concept.

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys -- thank you both for your input. I am waiting for color swatches from wet okole to match the exterior of the Viper which should be arriving in the next few days/weeks.

/Rich Cohn-Lee