3D print an interior door sill plug

maverickagm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These should work for 1992 - 2000

This was supposed to be a quick and easy design, but it took some effort to get the button/dome top to not look crummy and to align the layer lines so the legs wouldn't snap off....

Photos and instructions are on the printables.com link below, but In short, print in ASA/ABS, cut the included support piece off. touch up the edges with some sand paper and then it should look serviceable.

* Update Jan 17, 2024: The link now contains both inner and outer plug models.

Attachments

• IMG_2067.jpeg
    IMG_2067.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2066.jpeg
    IMG_2066.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious when would you need to pull that plug. In case the door is flooded?

GoViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will you sell the printed plug for those of us that don't have a printer? thanks

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
love people making things that we cant find anymore! Great stuff.

Although the ones i got on amazon did the job perfectly.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When working on the exhaust, you pull them out to access the bolts holding the rocker panels on. I was missing 3 when I bought the car.
Oh those plugs... I thought they were under the door. This is why I don't like other people working on my car.

OP
OP
M

maverickagm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There might be some confusion on which plugs these are. They're under the door when the door is closed. There's 4 per side on my 93. I circled 3 in green on the driver's side in this photo (ignore the messy garage!):

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpeg
    IMG_2069.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 12

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There might be some confusion on which plugs these are. They're under the door when the door is closed. There's 4 per side on my 93. I circled 3 in green on the driver's side in this photo (ignore the messy garage!):
I’m talking about the smaller plugs on the plastic trim inside the car. To the right in your pictures

OP
OP
M

maverickagm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohhh.... I found a photo. I had no idea there was supposed to be plugs over those screws. I don't have a single one. Well dang... Guess I'll make those next.

Attachments

• IMG_2070.jpeg
    IMG_2070.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 10

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Those plugs are not serviced by Dodge, but you can find them in the aftermarket. Its all in the details, and I can understand that can drive you crazy.

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, those are the ones i got on Amazon

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, 50 pieces! If someone buys these you can send the rest to the other Viper brothers.....

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohhh.... I found a photo. I had no idea there was supposed to be plugs over those screws. I don't have a single one. Well dang... Guess I'll make those next.
that would be fantastic if you could. Mopar part # was 4848881AA

Last edited:

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those plugs are not serviced by Dodge, but you can find them in the aftermarket. Its all in the details, and I can understand that can drive you crazy.
they were serviced, part # 4848881AA, but have been NLA for years. they go on top of the screws holding the sill cover interior

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mistake, the correct part # for the small plug on the inner sill is:MB68DX9

Attachments

• IMG_3336.jpeg
    IMG_3336.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads