40 Paxton Superchargers installed, no problems!

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just finished our 40th Paxton Gen 3 install without any issues.Our highest mileage customer is now at 35k with the install (some at 45k on Gen 2's). As delivered with the stock system this kit is very reliable with the stock engine and no modifications. There has been much discussion about cast pistons in these engines using a supercharger. When properly tuned, we have not seen a problem.

The cast piston is the weak link in these engines when running higher boost.
If you detonate heavily with these pistons they will crack the ring lands. We have run these motors as high as 10psi with methonal injection without an issue. It is all in the tuning. A high boost engine should have forged pistons,
better connecting rods and valve springs. This engine will take 12psi plus.
If you track the car, you need these changes as well as some fuel system modifications, a new balancer and PCM programming.

We have built engines to 1000whp with good results. Our Gen 1-3 Production engine Paxton installs include numerous upgrades and tuning that increase power, driveability and reliability. If you buy or install with us we include these options. We are the biggest Viper Paxton resealer in the world, we offer
competitive pricing, product support and install advice. If you have an issue, we take care of it (we do not refer you to the manufacturer).

For questions and product information please feel free to contact us.

Dan Cragin
President
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having one installed in my Gen1 this Spring and cannot wait! I am hearing excellent things about the Paxton blowers which is why I decided against the Roe, though Sean makes a great product.

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan: Thanks for the update. I really want a Paxton! If I plan to do a few track days/weekends a year, do I need the additional modifications you mentioned? Approximately how much do these modifications add to the cost of the stock system? Thanks in advance.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan.
I am one of your many happy customers. My SRT runs fantastic. It is unbelievable to me that a 800 crank hp car can also be a daily driver. Down low in the rev range the car feels just like a stock motor, but just a bit more powerful. Over 3,000 RPM it really comes alive, and just pours out the torque.
Best modification I have ever done to any vehicle. :2tu:

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The paxton is such a great value!!!!

vd..

kinda makes me laugh when the paxtom fist came out for gen 3's one guy from the gen 2 board kept knocking it. How it would blow up srt's and look now. Paxton power is the rave.

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan, is the Paxton California smog legal? I was about to purchase a Roe screw supercharger until I found out it's not somg legal and Sean doesn't have any plans to obtain an Cali EO number for it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte