5-point belt install with factory trim

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just finished the install of my color coordinated Team Tech belts... great product!
You must be registered for see images
A couple weeks back Jon B. suggested a possible install using 4 factory trim bezel pieces like the ones at the bulkhead around the factory belts. Well, the stock pieces are curved and the bulkhead on the GTS is flat in the middle and curved on the outboard sides, so the bezels needed to be both flattened and recurved with a heat gun in order to be flush with the surface when they were installed. It seemed like a good bit of work, but like Jon says, "be a pioneer". A week later, and with 4 new trim pieces from the PartsRack the install was on. Although it took a Saturday and Sunday afternoon, it was actually much easier than I anticipated, and the end result looks like the belts were installed at Conner Avenue. Other than re-shaping the trim pieces and modifying the hole size, I followed Henry and Janni Cone's install instructions to the tee. I posted a few pictures of the install in the Viper Media area under "Parts and Pieces (sorry for the large size, I'm just learning how to use this camera, so you'll need to zoom out). If anyone wants to try it and has a question just drop me an email. Good Luck - Richard