$500 birthday gift for my Viper

Hyru

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well, its my birthday next week and the ol'lady (girlfriend) has asked me what Id like...

Nothing in particular comes to mind except for maybe some mods for my 2000 black GTS.

My car is bone stock except for upgraded audio.... so what do you suggest for $500 that I should request? :D
I know if I dont make this request, she'll get me something that will end up in my closet somewhere for years :rolaugh:

I was thinking an MGW shifter, and possibly some HID's... but need some more suggestions...

what are some must have mods?

Thanks! :2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm boring, but I'm in favor of safety (if you don't have these): power steering vent tube, billet aluminum power steering bracket and pulley. Together, these should be a little less than $300 shipped. With the other $200, how bout some MGW interior goodies?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can never go wrong with a handful of MGW goodies. I LOVE the look and feel of my First Strike shifter! (MGW LTD., INC. - Viper Accessories) I also have the Sneaky Pete cigarette lighter and their ashtray; the fit and finish on ALL of their stuff is phenomenal.

If you don't have smooth tubes, you may look into a set of those from Roe ($60 Silicone Intake Tubes (stock throttle bodies) - 92-02 Viper - Air & Fuel Delivery - Roe Racing). Other inexpensive horsepower upgrades would be upgraded plugs/wires, or a set of high-flow filters (K&N or S&B).

Jon B at Parts Rack also has an assortment of gifts to choose from:
Online Shopping - Home

Happy early birthday! Don't forget to post what you get!

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
go HID's...one of the first things I did to the car with the help of a couple of Viper owners in the area. The headlamps are a breeze...the foglights take a little more work, but not terribly bad. Definitely within the budget you specified...you will want to drive the car with the lights on during the day - that is how cool they are... :)

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go with some stainless steel accents. I have the stainless oil cap and dipstick handle, the stainless sill covers are great too. If you're looking for performance upgrades, Jon B should be able to help you out...K&N intake would be good and you can do it yourself!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Chad on this one...keeping the car from burning to the ground seems like a reasonable thing to do....and I bought a $17 fire extinguisher at Target which I now keep in the back hatch area. With the remaining $200 I'd probably go with some nice polished sils.

Regards,
Aaron

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HID's are easy and can do any time. If you have a lil extra cash yourself go for the short shifter (B&M) and some poly mounts. You can install those in a day easily along with a fluid change in the trans and rear end. The whole car will feel new all over again.

Little MGW trinkets aren't worth much on a return and do a damn thing for performance. Vent tube is a great suggestion. It may very well save you car should it overflow.

Option two, Eibach Springs and caps. That will run ya right around the 500 for the set. That'll be a much improved performance mod as well.

Other things to keep in mind: Tint, auido, Exhaust, pedals.

Hope this got your ideas stirring.

:usa:

V

Venomiss

Membership here-I believe if you join as a newbie on October 1st you get this year and all of the next year. Venom option of course!
Then here are some ideas for you:
First picture was from our 2000 black/silver GTS-now gone but not forgotten!
Aftermarket and others will chime in.
MGW LTD., INC. - CNC Machined and Turned Parts. Accessories for the Corvette, Mustang, and Viper

:) Ask for George. You need a new shifter for starters.
Here are some pictures to save you time.

You must be registered for see images

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spend a small fortune on detailing supplies. I would love to have a great stock pile of highend products to keep my Viper looking new.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Membership here-I believe if you join as a newbie on October 1st you get this year and all of the next year. Venom option of course!
Then here are some ideas for you:
First picture was from our 2000 black/silver GTS-now gone but not forgotten!
Aftermarket and others will chime in.
MGW LTD., INC. - CNC Machined and Turned Parts. Accessories for the Corvette, Mustang, and Viper

:) Ask for George. You need a new shifter for starters.
Here are some pictures to save you time.

Very nice...........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC