6.5psi or 8psi ?

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking at a ROE blower and I can't decide between the 6.5 and the 8 psi kit. My main concern is detonation. I want something that is as safe as possible. I know a lot of ROE blower gurus are on this board so I thought I would pick your brains. My current mods are: Tubes, Filters, Hi-Flo Cats, MSD wires and I plan on getting the MSD voltage booster. Everything else is stock including the exhaust and headers.

Before anyone says call ROE, I have, and talked with Dave. He assured me even the 10psi blower is safe from detonation but I like to err on the side of caution. I personally want to wait until the aftercooler comes out before I upgrade to 10psi.

So with my limited mods would the 8psi pulley be a stretch?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think your best bet is to do a water/methanol injection kit or propane kit to make things "safe". It's cheap and worth it incase you had bad gas. You could go with the AEM set up, but that is on the more expensive side of things.

OP
OP
B

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking that as well but I was wondering about the down side of pushing water through the twin screw? I wonder if this is going to cause any undue wear.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll be fine with 8. You will already have the MSD boost-a-pump which is recomended with the 8lb pulley.

I'd ditch that stock exhaust though. Go catless or hiflow cats.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The safety you seek can be achieved in the tuning of the VEC 2. Go with the 8lb. and don't worry about it. :usa:

OP
OP
B

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shelby when you talk about proper tuning do you have a card writer so you can burn your own maps? Or, do you just leave it up to Sean?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send your car to Larry Macedo.

You can also get your car Dyno'd and Sean can email you corrections to your tuning and you do the rest.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can also get your car Dyno'd and Sean can email you corrections to your tuning and you do the rest.

You can also have your car locally dyno'd and send your card to Larry or Sean for tuning.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can also have your car locally dyno'd and send your card to Larry or Sean for tuning.

I didn't know Larry did that. Very good to know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness