600 HP VIPER AT DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST READ

OP
OP
S

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eek: WOW THATS UGLY!!!!!!! I hate the hood! fix the hood front facia and lower it all the way and it will look 100x better! I love the performance though and I also love the wheels :2tu: !

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real news here is that ASC, who makes body panels for our Vipers, has been working for some time on a "cold" process to produce strong lightweight carbon fiber panels.
Conventional carbon fiber needs to be baked in a huge autoclave, for specific time/temperature/pressure. This is a very expensive process. If they can be cold pressed, I would expect to see this technology integrated into production Vipers as quickly as possible.
Imagine +100 lbs reduction in weight, just with body panels.

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's a pretty decent photoshop job. This might explain the height discrepancy.

The original?
4382coupe-med.jpg

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ASC isn't DC. I believe the majority of what they do is chop roofs off of cars and make them into convertibles.

Indeed, as we have seen they do make a lot of convertibles, but I don't think anyone has mentioned that they do the chop top Chrysler 300's as well. If you haven't seen one, they look good, but the cost is near the SRT-8!

ChrisL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ASC was hired by SRT to do all the engineering for the Coupe for all the new body panels. SRT simply oversaw the process, but ASC did all the work.

The real news here is that ASC, who makes body panels for our Vipers, has been working for some time on a "cold" process to produce strong lightweight carbon fiber panels.

The real ASC news is there was a bloodletting right before Christmas. They closed a building and laid off just about the entire Coupe team from the Lead Engineer on down.

I dont see them having a major role in Viper developement down the road.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The "Holstein" Viper? (Moo!)

Woah....Me no likey

You must be registered for see images

Sorry but that looks like ass, IMO