6'3" and wondering about comfort

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having had 2 gen 3's, just wondering how confy the new gen V is? Both my gen3's were vert sand pretty confy. Is the new car being a coupe pretty confy for a taller person.
Thanks, I've not had the chance to really sit in one and fool around with the seat.

kenphjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a thread about headroom you might want to check out about 16 posts down

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you, I'm really starting to like the looks of the car. It's Viper or ZR1. Just not sure which way I'm gonna go. Have had 4 Vettes and 2 Vipers. Vipers are very rare and I like having something not seen every corner. And I just love the car.

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you get a '13; pull the spacers off the seat rails. Helps a lot. I believe '14's had a running change and don't have them.

The Viper is not a Vette, as you know. It seems a lot of G2/3/4 guys don't think the 5 is as "comfortable". Having sat in each of the previous gen cars, for me, the 5 is the first one I could comfortably sit in (and bought). Overall fit is similar to a C6, but slightly tighter left/right with a slightly more cramped pedal box. Overall headroom is similar. I absolutely DO NOT fit in a C5 corvette. I'm ok in the C6 and I put the Gen5 "between" those the 5/6 Vettes in terms of overall comfort/space; but it's a great drive once your in place.

Don't mean to ramble, but I had several conversations with myself about getting a C6 vs. a G5.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you get a '13; pull the spacers off the seat rails. Helps a lot. I believe '14's had a running change and don't have them.

The Viper is not a Vette, as you know. It seems a lot of G2/3/4 guys don't think the 5 is as "comfortable". Having sat in each of the previous gen cars, for me, the 5 is the first one I could comfortably sit in (and bought). Overall fit is similar to a C6, but slightly tighter left/right with a slightly more cramped pedal box. Overall headroom is similar. I absolutely DO NOT fit in a C5 corvette. I'm ok in the C6 and I put the Gen5 "between" those the 5/6 Vettes in terms of overall comfort/space; but it's a great drive once your in place.

Don't mean to ramble, but I had several conversations with myself about getting a C6 vs. a G5.
I'm also 6'3" and had the 2 inch lowering kit on my Gen III and Gen IV. The Gen V, in my opinion is way more comfortable and the first Viper I DO NOT have a seat lowering kit. I just don't understand how people say it is less comfy than the previous gens. Though cant compare to the gen II's. However, fitting in the car with a helmet I think will be a challenge

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted the headroom thread. I've had a 2,3, and 4. No issue with headroom in any of them including with a helmet. Gen5 the headroom for the street is a little annoying but not enough to prevent buying it, but a helmet is impossible for me, so that is a buying no go and the reason I've not picked one up. I'm 6'3" and 3/4 and 200 thin lbs. I also find the seat itself less comfortable than my prev gens, the arch in the seat isn't comfy to me, again it wouldn't keep me from buying it, but I've driven up to 11 hrs in a day in my gen4 without any issue, 1" lowering kit making it even nicer, but the gen5 is just too tight for me. I did find more headroom in the TA with base mechanical seats than in the GTSs I sat in.

Bubba 2.9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've banged my head more than a few times getting in the car. I'm 5'11". I've also slightly burned my leg while wearing shorts getting out of the car. I keep it at the Jersey Shore. That being said I love the car. It's a work out driving that car and I love every minute of it. My advice is squeeze in and enjoy the ride. What a car, what an experience. JD