8 min video of Nurmb Ruf Porsche

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very exciting videos. Only one question: Why was there never anyone coming from the other direction? He only passed folks. Was the traffic stopped from the other direction? I kept wondering what he would do if traffic came at him while in the wrong lane.

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! You should also check out the latest Sports Illustrated - it has an extensive write up of the Nurburgring. Seemed like the guy in the Ruf was using mostly 4th and 5th - anyone know how tall 5th in the Ruf is?

BTW - Given that it is a racetrack, the cars are only allowed to go in one direction.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!! Even though I have a cable modem it took about 15 minutes to download Lap 1, and well worth it. Get a beverage and some patience and you won't be disappointed.
You must be registered for see images
This guy knows how to corner, however it looks like the Porsche steering is a lot looser than the Viper? Is this track in Germany? LOOKS AWESOME!!

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Nurburgring track must be 12 to 15 miles long! We saw an 8 minute lap and he had to be averaging over 100 mph. The guy can drive!

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Yellow Bird was the fastest street car ever tested at the time, the mid 90's or so I think. It did over 210 MPH in street trim. Ruf kept it as a narrow body to reduce drag. Mama, what a ride!

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ruf videos are insane!!!

Lap1 is pretty much shot from inside where you barely see the RHS of the driver's head.

Lap2 has a lot of other views such as external shots of the Ruf - especially the high speed power slides.

The impressive points for me were:

1) Drifting onto the RHS burm after the Left kink in the 250 mph straightaway,

2) Passing cycles and cars at crazy speed differentials while wrestling(gulp) the steering wheel.

3) Watching the wrong way steering in the turns and even getting a sense of the sideways orientation thru the turns.

4) And the tires. I never heard such agony.

I want to get the video.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine