844 rwhp! WOW! What a difference a day makes!

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday, I posted the dyno results of my new Heffner Supercharger/Intercooler setup. My car made 739 rwhp! Jason felt that more horsepower could be had if bigger injectors were installed. Today, Jason put in the new injectors and re-dynoed the car. After only 3 dyno pulls and some rough adjustments my BEAST made 843.9 rwhp and 775.4 ft/lbs. rwtq!!!! (See dyno sheet below).

I can't tell you how pleased I am and Jason feels with some more tuning, there may even be slightly more horsepower to be had! Wooohooo!!!

dynoking.JPG

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eek.gif
WOW, thats all i can say.
Hey Gary, post some pics or your intercooled SC.

Asif, on second thought, dont get the intercooler
tongue.gif

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gary,
How much HP did you make before you installed the SC + intercooler ? Did you lower your compression? Give us some background info on your car please and some pics D@MN it!!
tongue.gif

If i remember correctly, you were making a little less the 500rwhp on motor, if i am right, Heffners SC kit added close to
eek.gif
350 RWHP
eek.gif
, I don’t think i have seen any other SC kit add that much power on pump fuel with no NOS, H2O
GREAT WORK JASON
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gary,I talked to Jason today and told him that I wanted the same trim Vortech that you have and not an S trim.Will my motor being a 97 be able to handle that kind of power?Do you have any head work?

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Gary! Thanks to all of you guys for your enthusiasm. Pricing on this package depends on whether your car has cast pistons or forged. Gary's car origionally had cast pistons but we removed the engine and installed a set of Ross 8.5 to 1 forged pistons. This combination make about 11 psi of boost at 6000 rpms. This package can be installed on any forged piston car for around 22K, cast piston cars are more expensive obviously because the engine has to be rebuilt with forged pistons. Ben, the sae hp was around 820 or so, I'll post those sheets tomorrow, thanks for your concern. Gerald, 1000 rwhp is a nice thought but unfortunately horsepower doesn't grow on trees you know. I think we've just about reached the limits of the stock cam, throttle bodies, rods, etc... This car also still has catalytic converters! One thing we didn't want to do is run any race fuel or nitrous whatsoever and I think 11 psi keeps us in a safe range with pump gas. This car made a little less than 500 rwhp on all motor. We'll post some pictures soon, we haven't had time to have the intercooler plumbing coated yet. Blown Viper, your car won't have any problem handling the horsepower the question is can you.
laugh.gif

OP
OP
G

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THEMASH:
Hey Gary,
How much HP did you make before you installed the SC + intercooler ? Did you lower your compression? Give us some background info on your car please and some pics D@MN it!!
tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Mash,

Come on down to the shop and see it for yourself. I can't post pictures of Jason's trade secrets, you know.
wink.gif

My car dynoed at 466 rwhp before Jason started. He changed out the cast pistons, reworked the heads, changed the fuel system, added the blower and the intercooler. That's just about it. I repeat, no nitrous, no race fuel of any kind, and we're making about 11 lbs. of boost. And the car drives like a dream (a very fast one!).

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GaryA:
Hey Mash,

Come on down to the shop and see it for yourself. I can't post pictures of Jason's trade secrets, you know.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will try to make a trip to the shop next week. i might also SC my car by Heffner after seeing this kit
supergrin.gif

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GaryA:
Yesterday, I posted the dyno results of my new Heffner Supercharger/Intercooler setup. My car made 739 rwhp! Jason felt that more horsepower could be had if bigger injectors were installed. Today, Jason put in the new injectors and re-dynoed the car. After only 3 dyno pulls and some rough adjustments my BEAST made 843.9 rwhp and 775.4 ft/lbs. rwtq!!!! (See dyno sheet below).

I can't tell you how pleased I am and Jason feels with some more tuning, there may even be slightly more horsepower to be had! Wooohooo!!!

dynoking.JPG

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason and Gary, congratulations on your dyno numbers!WOW!!!!!!!!!!! That's UN-FFFFING BELIEVABLE! Paolo

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mash,

wink.gif

My car dynoed at 466 rwhp before Jason started. He changed out the cast pistons, reworked the heads, changed the fuel system, added the blower and the intercooler. That's just about it. I repeat, no nitrous, no race fuel of any kind, and we're making about 11 lbs. of boost. And the car drives like a dream (a very fast one!).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Gary, I think your car would drive more like a WET Dream! Paolo