9/11 (Flight 93) Memorial Cruise - Shanksville PA

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
September 20th ~ :usa:LET’S ROLL CRUISE:usa::

The chosen meeting place for this cruise will be in the Wal*Mart Plaza on the corner of Carlisle Pike and Route 114. The Snake Pit will be located in the back, to the right of the Silver Spring Diner, the parking lot of the former Lowe’s store. We will depart from the parking lot at 9:30 AM sharp and cruise to The Jean Bonnet Tavern (www.jeanbonnettavern.com), 6048 Lincoln Highway, Bedford. Lunch reservations are set for 11:30 AM. We will order from the menu…dutch treat. At approximately 1 PM we will leave for Shanksville (22 miles) to pay our respects to those who died on Flight 93. Plans are to depart from the memorial site between 2 and 2:30 PM and return to Mechanicsburg, unless you are from western PA. There are no evening dinner plans at this time.

Western PA members that wish to join us are welcome to meet the group at the lunch location.

Because we need a head count for lunch, please let Ginger know that you will be attending. Email – [email protected] or 607-426-0837 (cell)

If you wish to stay in the Mechanicsburg area there is a Ramada Limited very near by. Call 717-790-1520 to make your reservation.

Questions regarding this event should be directed to Ginger or our western PA event organizer, Donna Kort. 724-316-9343 (cell).

It is our hope that many of you will join us for this memorable event. :usa:

Denny & Ginger

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have 11 Vipers as of today. Of that number, 7 will meet in Mechanicsburg, and 4 will meet at the Jean Bonnet Tavern.:drive:

Ginger

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:)The weather report is looking good for this cruise on Saturday. Sunny & 67.
Come along and cruise with us and pay your respects at the Flight 93 Memorial! :usa:

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you in the western PA area that plan to meet up with Rege & Donna Kort for the drive to the Jean Bonnet Tavern (6048 Lincoln Highway, Bedford 15522), below is a message from Donna regarding the meeting point. If you do plan to meet them, please call Donna so she knows you are coming to that location. If it is more convenient for you to just meet at the restaurant that is fine too.

* We plan to meet at the Oakmont rest area on the PA turnpike (it is located about 1 mile east of the Allegheny Valley turnpike entrance). We will arrive there about 9 am and plan to wait until 9:30 am sharp before we leave and head to the Bedford exit on the PA turnpike. The restaurant is located a few miles from the exit. If you have any questions before or on that day here is my cell phone number 724-316-9343. *

There are currently 14-15 Vipers that will be at the tavern and then make the trip on to Shanksville. The weather is looking great for the day. Come along for this memorable cruise. :usa:

Ginger

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a beautiful day it was in Pennsylvania for the " LET'S ROLL " memorial cruise to Shanksville PA. There were 17 Vipers and a Jaguar. Thanks to all that participated in this club event. I'm sure this was an event that we will NEVER FORGET!

Photos of this event may seen on the PA~WV Region page. Thanks to all for posting the photos!

:usa:We will never forget those brave souls on Flight 93!!!! Our thoughts & prayers are with them, as well as their families.:usa:

Ginger & Denny

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ginger and Denny, My hat is off to you folks for doing such a great job and continuing this great event.

Renee and I really wanted to attend, but the timing was not in the cards for us this year.

I can't wait to see the pictures from this years event.

Ginger, were there any cookies leftover?

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ginger, were there any cookies leftover?

Yes there were a few frosted flags left, I sent them home with the folks from Philly...along with the leftover chocolate chip and cracked molasses. :)

We had a beautiful day for the cruise and the time spent at the memorial was equally as nice. Sorry you had to miss it Bobby.

Did you give Renee her gift from VOI yet?

Ginger

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes she did, and she was glad that you reminded me!

I saw the pictures and it looks like you had a great turn out and great weather! Bravo, well done!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456