900 mile drive

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one with a lumbar curve in my spine?? I picked up my Viper in Vegas and drove it north to Edmonton, Alberta. I was bloody near crippled by the time I hit Montana. The seats are like a reverse lumbar scoop in them, it's messed up. 10$ square throw pillow from Wal-Mart to put behind my back made it amazing though. Looking to get some lumbar support added to my seats at an upholstery shop this year hopefully.

My favorite part about the seats is the lack of lumbar, makes it very comfortable for me. I can barely drive my Subaru 400 miles without my back acting up and its got great lumbar support.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite part about the seats is the lack of lumbar, makes it very comfortable for me. I can barely drive my Subaru 400 miles without my back acting up and its got great lumbar support.

I can't imagine what a persons posture would look like who naturally fit the curvature of that seat? I got out feeling like the Hunchback with my torso all hunched over due to my back rounding out into the seat.

SLViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't imagine what a persons posture would look like who naturally fit the curvature of that seat? I got out feeling like the Hunchback with my torso all hunched over due to my back rounding out into the seat.
I have logged over 60,000 miles in gen1,2,3,4 Vipers since 1995 and find the seats to be excellent for road trips and race tracks all over the U.S.A. Also very few complaints from others? You either don't have stock Viper seats or they have been screwed around with. IMO. 25,000 Vipers built so far.....

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have logged over 60,000 miles in gen1,2,3,4 Vipers since 1995 and find the seats to be excellent for road trips and race tracks all over the U.S.A. Also very few complaints from others? You either don't have stock Viper seats or they have been screwed around with. IMO. 25,000 Vipers built so far.....

Few complaints?? Didn't seem that way when I was doing my research prior to buying. But I am going to try taking a seat in someone elses car and see how they're seats feel. Maybe you're right and my seats are just too beat up?? That sure would be a relief as I would know exactly what to do to fix it, as opposed to going the custom route like I was planning.

Raven

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove my '08 home from Ringgold Ga to near Toledo Ohio, about a 10 hour drive total including stopping for gas, lunch, etc.

The good - it was awesome! The car was incredible and I had no issues mechanically or otherwise. Lots of thumbs up from other drivers and several cell phone cameras taking pics. As current or previous owners know - don't buy a Viper if you can't stand the attention.

The bad? Well, no cruise does just plain ****. But, I knew that going in so I just kept relaxing my foot once in a while when on a downhill and it was fine. Still, it would have been great to have cruise control.

The seat got tiresome after about 5 hours due to the slope in it but again, just moving around and slightly repositioning myself made it easy to live with. I"m a BIG guy - 6'1 and over 300 lbs - but I've got no complaint. I just adjusted the seat, pedals, and steering wheel and it was fine.

The 'worst' part of the trip (and really, it wasn't that bad) was that the road noise from the tires was LOUD. Still - no deal breaker, just annoying. For me, all the positives (brutal acceleration on demand, on-rails steering, etc) just out-weighed everything else.

Overall, I would have no qualms driving this car anywhere (in good weather that is) for any length of time.

Last edited: