94-95 CD/Radio Upgrade, Anyone Done It?

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't skimp on wires. I put in an alpine head unit, McIntosh amp, and MB Quart spears front and rear. The car sounds great.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will definitely agree with Makara. My car had an Eclipse Head unit and CD changer in the trunk with a good amp when I bought it. All the speakers were good descent quality too. I changed the component speakers out to Polks (Very Good Speakers for the money). I still was not getting the best sound possible so, I bypassed all the existing RCA cables to the amp and ran new better quality ones, this made the biggest differance. Then I put in a heavier gauge speaker wire along with a better ground and heavier power cable.
Sounds Great Now!! One other problem was not enough base, so I picked up a 6" Bazooka Base Tube and put it on the passenger side floor board. This was a quick fix, I know there are better solutions out there and more permanent ones. I can take it out in 2 seconds flat and either throw it in the trunk or leave it home if it is in the way of the passenger. But it does not really seem to get in the way too much, I have it pushed off to the left side against the console and have not had to take it out yet.
Good luck with the stereo.
Ed

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put an Apline CDA-7977 (am/fm/cd) in and no other changes. It has enough power to crack the windshield. There have been a number of good posts on how to improve the sound, including the base which would be nice. I did not make other changes since I can hardly hear the cd after I put high flow cats and a Belanger exhaust on. It is too loud with 85db at idle. I am having the muffler changes to something more civilized.

Changes in the future would be speakers. Do your research, some are a good fit and need to be rewired and others need modifications to the surrounds.

I hope this helps.

tw

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery