97 B/W Viper GTS on ebay with 25 miles

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One day left and the reserve lifted and car bid at $55K. Not bad for a new B/W. Or is this car new? Strange that with a "new" car there is a license plate on the car. You'd think with a new car, a car that has not been driven in 8 years, why buy a plate? And the owner never says this car is new but has "extremely low mileage". Don't a lot of new vipers get delivered with more than 25 miles after Dodge does all the testing? Then why is this not listed as new? Strange. Anyway, if it's real, $55k looks like a good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4537924745&fromMakeTrack=true

I have no connection to this car, just thought someone here may be interested.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is an incredible car with incredibly low miles...but as you stated, what is the deal with the front plate? I won't buy a car with a front plate installed. Completely ruins the lines of the car and leaves unwanted drill holes behind. Perhaps the owner really planned on driving the car but for some reason decided not to. Nevertheless, that is onw nice color scheme and car.

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is no front plate on this car, nor holes from where there was a front plate. But for some reason I feel I have seen those pics before. Maybe it's just from when I was looking at Vipers on ebay a few days ago.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Car. But the miles are TOO low. You wouldnt want to even take that out for a quick cruise. Not for me... I would be looking for a low mile car. But not that low.. Under 10k or so... So you can enjoy it..

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car has most likley has not been driven, at least not recently. Im originally from Illinois and that style plate has not been used since 2000. Agree that the miles are too low, buy it only if you are a collector. Wonder if Dakota is looking for a 97?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty lousy return on an investment. Assuming he bought it new, and paid MSRP. Eight years of storage and care, maintainence etc for what? I really don't get it.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty lousy return on an investment. Assuming he bought it new, and paid MSRP. Eight years of storage and care, maintainence etc for what? I really don't get it.
If he would hold on to it for another 10 years, I bet it will go up in value 10 fold. The auction still has 13 hours left.

427Aggie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is a one owner car. Here is the information on what Carfax found. Last time the car was seen by the DMV it had 19 miles on it in 1998

CARFAX searched more than 3 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 2 record(s) for this 1997 DODGE VIPER GTS (1B3ER69E5VV301324).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

01/26/1998 Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Elburn, IL
Registered as
personal vehicle

03/09/1998 19 Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Elburn, IL
Title #T8068388008
Title issued or updated
First owner reported

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I implied from just sitting for so long... I thought that would be an issue. My apologies.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the VIN on autocheck too and it has been registered every year. Looks very clean. No liens either. Must have paid cash. Seems likely if it's "from his private collection". Sweet! I wonder what else he's got?

OP
OP
G

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't recall any of the "new" B/W 96/97's selling for less than $60K so if the high bidder at $55.7k buys this at that price, then he sure bought it right. I'm guessing this will surpass $60k by close. If I was bidding, my bid would be in 5 seconds prior to closing (auctionsniper.com), so this high bid is likely to change a few times within the last few seconds.

OP
OP
G

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't recall any of the "new" B/W 96/97's selling for less than $60K so if the high bidder at $55.7k buys this at that price, then he sure bought it right. I'm guessing this will surpass $60k by close. If I was bidding, my bid would be in 5 seconds prior to closing (auctionsniper.com), so this high bid is likely to change a few times within the last few seconds.

Whoa! I stated above that this would probably surpass $60k and auction just closed at $60,100.06. I'm still thinking this was a good buy as if you wanted another "new" 96, I'm assuming its going to cost you more than $60k. Hopefully, this car won't be driven as it's currently destined for a museum someday. If he drives it and puts some miles on it, then he just overpaid by about $10K.